Opinions Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ash_723

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just interested in everyones opinions. Which school do you think has a better premed program that will help prepare you for medical school, Fordham or Scranton?

Members don't see this ad.

Fordham looks a lot fancier. IDK, mate. They're probably more or less comparable. That shouldn't have anything to do, really, with your decision as to which of the two to attend.

As far as my experience is concerned, there's really no such thing as "pre-med programs". There are pre-professional departments that write you letters, but the premed stuff is all up to you.

Probably the same, as long as you work hard.

Maybe there will be more distractions if you go to Fordham since it's in a much bigger city.

Members don't see this ad :)
whichever you can get better scholarships at.

undergrad institution doesn't matter. you can get a good education anywhere. you will have to work hard to be prepared for medical school no matter where you go. i suggest the cheaper option because i have just started paying on my student loans and it sucks.

Reactions: 1 user
This isnt Harvard vs NW Alaska State College... Rankings wise they are essentially the same in terms of prestige. The quality of education you get is going to be pretty much the same at either school.

Focus on cost, and other factors. Both schools are pretty expensive, where are you getting better scholarships? NYC is probably going to be more fun to live in than Scranton, but its going to be more expensive in terms of cost of living. Med school is expensive. You dont want to be entering it with $200,000 in debt.