Opinions on my Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joon

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say really good, unless you haven't applied yet.. Then you might be in trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied august 1st but took the DAT just this week. Basically, I applied everywhere...just don't know where to expect to hear back from.

I already got interviews at NYU and Temple though...

How did they get your DAT scores so quicky?

If you have interviews then you answered your own question! Come on now...you have awesome scores and interviews are flying in so just sit back, relax, and wait for more...:p
I applied august 1st but took the DAT just this week. Basically, I applied everywhere...just don't know where to expect to hear back from.

I already got interviews at NYU and Temple though...

Envision:
I faxed all the schools the printout we received after taking the test. A couple of schools called to say that they pulled my application, I guess on the good faith that I didn't just print out a fake score sheet on my computer. Don't wait for the ADA, you have to show you are proactive. They will get the official sheet eventually, but it takes too long.

I'm just worried about my GPA. I applied to SOOOOOO many school ranging from Harvard to NYU.

Haha, have you not seen my list? i applied to 20 some schools. anyway, i agree with the other posters, with your amazing DAT scores, you should have no problem getting quite a few interviews. as for being proactive, thats very smart and i wish i had done the same...thinking back..im not sure why i didnt. gl and take care.

My GPA is absolute s**t. My science barely makes a 3.0 and my overall isn't much higher at a 3.14 from NYU with an Econ major.
I basically went out too much in undergrad.

In any case, I took the DAT and got: TS-24 AA-25 PAT-21

Given my GPA, where do you think I have realistic chances? Pref on the east coast.

Can you post your percentiles?...I'm just curious. Also when did you take your test?

U will get into school with that great dat but...
It seems that a gpa just barely 3.0 in science is a problem in some schools...
But...nobody knows...cuz your dat is excellent...

I don't remember them all off hand. But my PAT was like the 95% i think. And my TS was like 99.2% from what I recall.
In anycase, I got a 25 and that was the 100.0%
I took the test Monday.

Wait, you took the test Monday and have 2 interviews already??? How is that possible?

Members don't see this ad :)
u got interview from penn?

My GPA is absolute s**t. My science barely makes a 3.0 and my overall isn't much higher at a 3.14 from NYU with an Econ major.
I basically went out too much in undergrad.

In any case, I took the DAT and got: TS-24 AA-25 PAT-21

Given my GPA, where do you think I have realistic chances? Pref on the east coast.

Seriously... ur fine. Plus you even have 2 interviews. You make me want to bow my head and walk away in shame.

But seriously though, you will be okay. Chances are you'll get more interviews from more great east coast schools like Boston and Tufts. :-D

dude, how is a 25 even the 100th percentile? My roommate just got a 27 (threw him a party) and that was like 99.9999 or some crap like that

Anyway I'm not nearly that good, but what's up with this? Anyone wanna tell me something about DAT scoring I don't know???

dude, how is a 25 even the 100th percentile? My roommate just got a 27 (threw him a party) and that was like 99.9999 or some crap like that

Anyway I'm not nearly that good, but what's up with this? Anyone wanna tell me something about DAT scoring I don't know???

The percentiles are different for each version of the test.

how does the percentile work... is it JUST for that day all across america?

The percentiles are different for each version of the test.

He just took it though I'm assuming its the same test (he's probably still hung over)

Dont worry guys he's not a threat, taking a year off

i can tell you for sure that JOON is lying about NYU because they do not accept faxed scores. they wait for official scores from ADA.

I want to figure this one out, any comments people?

hah I'm watching this thread, my roomie is pissed

Joon... I am hesitant to say outright that you are fudging the truth a bit, but the claims you are making do seem a little well...impossible. And since there is no real way to confirm I guess I will leave it at that.

Good luck to you.

Hey joon he said his test had passages on finance and cancer and something else, was this your test or did you take another one?