Opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabreezy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cost/benefit of sending an MMI interviewer a letter of intent/thank you *email* of sorts? Worded tactfully in a way that describes fit, drive, motive to attend said school, and my potential to make said school look good in the future.

He mentioned that he is on the admissions committee, and has been for a very long time. He was a bit shrewd, in his 60s, and conservative, but I feel like he might appreciate the effort. His demeanor led me to believe he carries some weight when it comes to decisions. He also asked me standard interview questions such as: what other schools have you interviewed at, where are you from, what's your mcat score, etc.

Shooting myself in the foot with this type of brown-nosing?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about MMI vs. regular interviews, but my understanding is that in general a thank you letter is appreciated by all interviewers. It won't matter for most people, but you never know who will actually notice it. (I've learned this the hard way in other parts of my life.)

Believe me, it will be ignored.

Cost/benefit of sending an MMI interviewer a letter of intent/thank you *email* of sorts? Worded tactfully in a way that describes fit, drive, motive to attend said school, and my potential to make said school look good in the future.

He mentioned that he is on the admissions committee, and has been for a very long time. He was a bit shrewd, in his 60s, and conservative, but I feel like he might appreciate the effort. His demeanor led me to believe he carries some weight when it comes to decisions. He also asked me standard interview questions such as: what other schools have you interviewed at, where are you from, what's your mcat score, etc.

Shooting myself in the foot with this type of brown-nosing?

Reactions: 1 user
Couldn't hurt, IMHO, though it probably won't help. The cost is $3 and five minutes of your time. The potential benefit could be enormous.