Optomcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joy88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is still working on their OPTOMCAS? What would be considered a late submission?

Members don't see this ad.

Who is still working on their OPTOMCAS? What would be considered a late submission?

I know people who submitted in February last year and still got in, but usually off the waitlist at the last minute. It kind of depends on where you want to go, because schools have different strategies to fill their classes. I would submit as soon as possible. I've heard that there's a big wave of apps in July/August, then it drops off through most of the semester, and picks up again around the end of December/January. If you wait too long into January, you will be in a much more competitive pool of applicants all vying for relative few seats left.

i'm still working on mine too :( i'm almost done though! i can't wait to hit that submit button, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm still working on mine too :( i'm almost done though! i can't wait to hit that submit button, lol.
That was the best feeling in the world! OptomCas verified my information quickly too.:D

Lol, i just submitted mine this morning and yes i totally agree, it is the BEST feeling in the world!!!..i can't wait til i get confirmation emails, but it seems like that will unfortunately take a few weeks :(

Lol, i just submitted mine this morning and yes i totally agree, it is the BEST feeling in the world!!!..i can't wait til i get confirmation emails, but it seems like that will unfortunately take a few weeks :(

That's not necessarily true! I turned mine in late nov and it was verified within 2 days! If you did it right, it may go fast! The day after verification, all my schools emailed me to say they received my stuff! Actually just got my first interview invite yesterday in the mail for Jan 4th! Hopefully you will have a smooth ride too! Late submission is really more like Jan/feb!

I think the best strategy to get them to process and send everything out quickly is to have sent them your transcripts well ahead of time. I had mine sent in from my college weeks before i submitted my app, and after i did finally submit, it only took several days for them to send it out to the schools

That's not necessarily true! I turned mine in late nov and it was verified within 2 days! If you did it right, it may go fast! The day after verification, all my schools emailed me to say they received my stuff! Actually just got my first interview invite yesterday in the mail for Jan 4th! Hopefully you will have a smooth ride too! Late submission is really more like Jan/feb!

which school?

Is a January/February interview considered a late interview? My stats are average to high (350AA OAT and 3.7 overall GPA) but I did not write the OAT until November 25th and have not submitted my supplemental applications (will work on them after finals) for my 5th and 6th choice schools...