Oral Surgery Applicants/Interested - Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rightmaxillarythirdmolar

DMD - OMFS Resident
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm an incoming oral surgery resident in Chicago and I was wondering if any of you that are interest in oral surgery would have interest in a video format of the classic Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? I was considering going chapter by chapter making explanatory videos, but to be honest, I was wondering if I was the only one who ever had wanted these? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 20 users
Hey guys, I'm an incoming oral surgery resident in Chicago and I was wondering if any of you that are interest in oral surgery would have interest in a video format of the classic Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery? I was considering going chapter by chapter making explanatory videos, but to be honest, I was wondering if I was the only one who ever had wanted these? Thanks!
Do it

Reactions: 1 users
I just got Volume 1 last week and starting hitting it, only a few chapters in but I really like it so far. It will really help you connect the dots next year along with the clinical aspect of course. I wish I had read more OMFS stuff before my non-cat year. I did as much as a I could with studying for CBSE and learning how to be an intern. It will certainly help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely interested.

When I was a resident I wanted to do exactly this. The tech was still to difficult to accomplish what I wanted. Now it’s predictable. Any issues with copyright though?

• Hmm
I'm surprised to hear that Peterson wasn't required reading in undergraduate dental education?

Did this ever happen?

Reactions: 1 user