*Oral Surgery Interviews 2007*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Univeristy of Kentucky called 8/15 for interviews in the begining of November. Its probably the only interview I'll get, so I will cherish it!

U of K also called me for an interview on Nov 2nd. This means I get to hang out with Bryce for over 48 straight hours. Don't be surprised if I kill him. But hey one last applicant. Good news for the rest of us.

Zach

Members don't see this ad :)
Kentucky by phone today.

Interview on Oct 31!

U. of Kentucky called on August 23rd for an interview for Nov. 2nd. My classmate at University of Mississippi also got an interview for Nov. 2nd

Why is everyone posting the same thing? I think we get the point, Kentucky has sent out interviews. :laugh:

Hey does anyone know when Kentucky is going to give out interviews????

It looks like the interviews are getting a bit difficult to sort out so I organized them chronologically in list form below. Thanks and good luck!

Well organized List:

1. University of Kentucky, Aug. 31/Nov. 2

can you guys post them to the following website? I just found it in another thread:

www.omfsource.com

good luck in your interview(s)...hopefully that (s) applies to everyone including brycethefatty, even though it looks like it will be his fatal interview.

I don't know how it happens, but any thread I post on ends up going to sh1t in a matter of days . . . may god have mercy on my soul . . .

Does anyone know what month most programs start notifying applicants?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at last year's blog on OMFS Interviews thread, I noticed that people started posting that they recieved interviews the second week of September . . . just an observation

Parkland by snail mail today. Interview for Nov. 1st.

I'm curious to know the meaning of the program deadline. Are programs evaluating applications as they come, or are they just handing out interviews based on what they already have? It seems strange that UT Southwestern would give out interviews before their deadline.

I dunno. It probably all depends on the program. I did do an externship at Parkland so maybe that helped. I remember when I applied to dental school that I didn't get my AADSAS in until mid-October which met the school deadlines but most schools had already had 1 or 2 interviews by then. Even though I still managed to get in, I learned from that experience to apply early.

Just curious, is there anyone who already got an interview from Parkland that did not extern there? Or did they only give the initial interviews to those who have externed at Parkland?

I think Parkland will still offer interviews. They got my stuff last week and I got an email saying they wanted my photo and undergrad transcripts STAT. I figure if they didn't at least want to consider interviewing me, they wouldn't have contacted me about those.

Just curious, is there anyone who already got an interview from Parkland that did not extern there? Or did they only give the initial interviews to those who have externed at Parkland?

I got a letter from Parkland for a Nov. 1 interview and did not extern there.

Jacksonville Nov 29th or dec. 13&14th via email...

Did anyone call Jax about that email? It says Wed. Nov 29th but Nov 29th is a Thursday. Also, it doesn't clarify if the people that interview on Nov. 29th also will tour Gainesville on the 30th or what?

When did everyone receive their confirmation from parkland that they did in fact receive their pass application and it is complete?

In order to help organize this thread, when you receive an interview please use this template to post the info:

Program:
Interview Date:
Mode of invitation:
Date of invitation:

Also, if you receive unofficial info of a program's interview date or you call a program and they inform you that your "letter is in the email." Please state this in your posting, so as to not confuse or worry people.

Good luck everyone on the application process.

Program: University of Kentucky
Interview Date: 10/31 or 11/2
Mode of invitation: Phone
Date of invitation: 8/15

Program: Parkland
Interview Date: 11/1
Mode of invitation: Mail
Date of invitation: 8/27

Program: UF-Jacksonville
Interview Date: 11/29 or 12/13
Mode of invitation: Email
Date of invitation: 9/7

When did everyone receive their confirmation from parkland that they did in fact receive their pass application and it is complete?

1. I only received a confirmation from UTSW after I sent them an email. Otherwise, I don't think they send one.

2. Unofficial news from MN - they will be interviewing on Thurs, Nov. 15 and will send invitations 2 - 3 weeks prior.

3. Does anyone have any idea when Shreveport will interview this year?

With regards to UTSW, as of right now i've only received a confirmation letter.

I did hear that Shreveport will be reviewing apps in early October.

Dr. Steed emailed me today and said that invitations for interviews at Emory will be going out by email in the next week! Be on the lookout.

UNC said they will select people in early October. The interview will be held on Nov. 30.

Guy in my class got an email from Indiana for an interview last night. Hope this helps

shreveport is interviewing oct. 29th

Program:parkland
Interview: Nov. 1st
Mode of invitation: mail
Date recieved: Sept. 8th

Program:Boston University
Interview: Nov. 30th
Mode of invitation: email
Date recieved: Sept. 12th

Program: emory
interview dates : 10/28 or 12/2
mode: email
date of invitation: 9/15

For those wondering about whether or not more interviews are coming from parkland, my classmate just got a letter on friday for an interview on Nov. 2nd instead of the 1st.

Program:Emory
Interview date: oct 28-29 or dec 2-3
Mode:email
Date recieved:9/15

quirrel, is your interview to emory for the 6 year program? mine was for the 4 year, and the interviews were only one day. just wondering why yours were 28 and 29 or 2 and 3.

For those wondering about whether or not more interviews are coming from parkland, my classmate just got a letter on friday for an interview on Nov. 2nd instead of the 1st.

Which one? Demo? Raj?

Adding Case Western:

Program:Case
Interview Date: Either Nov 9-10 or Nov 16-17
Mode of invitation: Phone call
Date of invitation: This morning Sept 17

I am totally pumped.

I got the same dates as Squirrel for Emory b/c I am applying to the 6 yr program. The med school interview is to be held on Monday.

what serve it up said....It's an interview for the 6 year program. This means I will be forced to associate myself with people applying for med school. damn thats going to suck.

does anyone know about denver?? is it a good program??? thanks for the help....

also emory oct 28th or dec. 2nd
by email on 9/15

confirmations from memphis, gainesville, and denver.

Program: Nebraksa
Interview Date: Nov 28
Mode of invitation: Email
Date of invitation: Today Sept 19

Program: UMKC
Interview Date: Nov 3
Mode of offer: Email
Date of offer: 9/19

Program: UAB
Interview Date: Oct 30, Nov 20, or Nov. 27
Date of offer: 9/19

Program: LSU-Shreveport
Interview dates : 10/29
Mode: Phone call
Date of invitation: 9/20

Does anyone know anything about LSU's program??? It's strength and weaknesses--proabably should've externed there :(

confirmations that application is complete, I think.

Program: UAB
Interview Date: Nov 20
Date of offer: 9/20

program:lsus
interview date:October 29
contacted by phone
9/20