Oral Surgery NBME Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akeurogh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I just became a second year dental student at UCLA. I'm sure you now know that that students planning on going to OS are required to take the NBME exam come Sept 8.

As a dental student, we don't cover as much material in depth, but UCLA goes into more depth usually than other schools.

However, this doesn't give me enough time to do a lot of studying and go over material in detail. I am planning on going through FA as much as possible and grasp as much information as much as possible and supplementing with own lecture notes/wiki. Hopefully will be able to do USworld questions also.

The good news is that we are only being compared to dental students and only percentile score will be shown.

Because 2 months isn't enough time. Is there anything you guys recommend to emphasize on? I was thinking to not spread myself too thin, and just focus on more topics than others. Micro seems pretty impossible to me right about now. :confused::confused:

Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

pathology, physiology, pharmacology, micro, anatomy. in that order and everything else if you have time for it

I hear that at UCLA, your system classes are so well organized that all you need to study for the NBME is that. So that's what you should do.....just systems studying.

Or become a Cariologist like me.:laugh:

Go back to studying:boom: