Oral Surgery Student Study Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDentNJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

So I am looking for some ideas for an oral surgery club that is at the very beginning stages at my school. I have seen that a lot of clubs like this at other schools do journal article presentations. Any experience with this or other ideas from similar clubs is greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Different dental schools may have the contact info for the leader of their OMFS interest groups, and I bet if you emailed them they would be happy to help! May be better to reach out to them personally as they might not be on SDN.
Do you know of any schools where that info is possible? I'd love to contact one of them! Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was president of mine for a while - we had good success with a few events. Surprisingly, a lot of people were interested in our 'day in the life of OMFS resident'. It was pretty simple but we just asked a resident to come talk to us informally with some food provided. We have done it with faculty but the ability to ask candid questions and get honest responses without a program director or faculty member was really helpful for a lot of people. We also do suture clinic twice a year, practicing on anything from oranges to chicken. That's always a huge hit and you can ask for assistance from anyone in OMFS/perio/faculty.

The other stuff like grand rounds, case presentations, etc, are alright but they definitely have a very limited attendance. Most people just do them for resume builders/getting to know the department and showing face.

Reactions: 1 user