Oregon Allows Interns/PostDocs to Bill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DynamicDidactic

Still Kickin'
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 2 users
Excellent. I have seen similar efforts in other states (most recently OH?). The cost of training is often a barrier for many smaller hospitals/CMHCs/etc…so hopefully if states can get funding passed that will help offset some of the cost to train interns.

*edit*

Evidently there are 12 states that currently allow psych interns to bill medicaid for services, per this APA article.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am scratching my head at which 12 states that could be.
Don't know the list but at the state level health care departments can create a system where interns can be "waivered" if they have completed enough units post-masters and are being supervised by licensed psychologists. A waiver is good for up to 5 years and cannot be renewed, so licensure does become necessary--but this allows agencies to hire folks who are not yet licensed.

Arkansas and Texas allow predocs and postdocs to bill Medicaid when under supervision. Texas just implemented up to 80,000 in loan repayment for up to 5 years of service in eligible agencies.

Last edited: