Oregon - anemic volume?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMfosho

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of things about Oregon having a very low volume of patients. Yet, it seems to attract very bright residents. What's the deal? Is it truly a good program - because I thought residency is all about volume and good pathology. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I'm sure there are many of us trying to decide whether or not to make the flight out to oregon.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard a lot of things about Oregon having a very low volume of patients. Yet, it seems to attract very bright residents. What's the deal? Is it truly a good program - because I thought residency is all about volume and good pathology. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I'm sure there are many of us trying to decide whether or not to make the flight out to oregon.

thanks!

If you want to be in the Northwest, it's your only option. That's not to say that this is a bad program, but it undoubtedly gives them the ability to be more selective than a program located in an area with several others nearby.