Oregon State University COP - Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureRPh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's keep in communication so we can all ask questions about classes and future events!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything about immunizations or background checks yet? The OSU pharm office is soo slow in responding sometimes.

What are the popular electives that you guys signed up for?

Has anyone heard anything about immunizations or background checks yet? The OSU pharm office is soo slow in responding sometimes.

What are the popular electives that you guys signed up for?

I believe they are going to send out more information about immunizations and background checks when it gets closer to school starting. For electives what choices do we have? I already took biochemistry and anatomy so as of now there are only 11 Pharm credits that I have in store for fall term.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, Im the same way so I just decided to take a PAC class or two, nothing much.

Ya, Im the same way so I just decided to take a PAC class or two, nothing much.

What PAC classes are you taking? I am thinking about taking some courses, but I will have to see if anything fits into my schedule.

Just Basketball for right now, there is a 6pm class that is once a week, so I doubt it will interfere with the required classes. Ill probably sign up for something else also pretty soon.

Just Basketball for right now, there is a 6pm class that is once a week, so I doubt it will interfere with the required classes. Ill probably sign up for something else also pretty soon.

Basketball sounds fun, but I am short and suck @ it. I will have to look into other sports:)

Hey OSU COP Class of 2012,

I don't mean to spam your thread, but I was hoping you can answer my question since you already went through the process.

The OSU COP website says that they will only review applications that have a minimum of 2.75 science GPA as calculated by PharmCAS. I understand that PharmCAS calculates even the repeated classes. My question is does science GPA mean all the science classes (bio, chem, ochem, microbio, etc.) only and no math classes? Does that mean it will take all the science classes that I have ever taken from community college, osu, repeat science classes to calculate my science GPA?

I understand that OSU will calculate all your science and math classes from their PharmD prereq list to get your pre-pharm GPA. But that's after you've made it through the first part of the 2.75 PharmCAS science GPA.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hey OSU COP Class of 2012,

I don't mean to spam your thread, but I was hoping you can answer my question since you already went through the process.

The OSU COP website says that they will only review applications that have a minimum of 2.75 science GPA as calculated by PharmCAS. I understand that PharmCAS calculates even the repeated classes. My question is does science GPA mean all the science classes (bio, chem, ochem, microbio, etc.) only and no math classes? Does that mean it will take all the science classes that I have ever taken from community college, osu, repeat science classes to calculate my science GPA?

I understand that OSU will calculate all your science and math classes from their PharmD prereq list to get your pre-pharm GPA. But that's after you've made it through the first part of the 2.75 PharmCAS science GPA.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I dont know if I quite understand your question but the PharmCAS science section is different from math, so the way they worded it makes it sound like they will not factor math into your science gpa. All of your classes are factored into your gpa. That is the only reason it is beneficial to retake classes, to get a better grade, to average out the worse one.

To be honest I dont know how strict they are in following that guideline, I think it is there attempt to make sure they dont waste their time looking at worthless applications. My best advice, if your looking for it, is to apply regardless of what that guideline is if you think you have a strong enough application. If your science GPA is close to that value I would give it a shot because they will factor in other aspects of your app (experience, extra currics).

However, it's been over a year since Ive used PharmCAS so if you are unsure about anything your best shot is to call them to see what exactly they factor into science gpa. Good Luck!

On another note, is anyone going to the Salem Conferences in September?