Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureRPh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone in here applied to Oregon State University COP starting fall of 2008? I applied and am wondering if anyone else has heard about interviews? I was just curious to know the applicant pool and their stats. Good luck to everyone and GO BEAVS!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone in here applied to Oregon State University COP starting fall of 2008? I applied and am wondering if anyone else has heard about interviews? I was just curious to know the applicant pool and their stats. Good luck to everyone and GO BEAVS!:)

No, it's been barely two weeks since their deadline...I would take a stab at probably January. I haven't heard about interviews though.

Sorry, I don't post stats! :rolleyes:

are you a student from OSU? I went to WOU. Well good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice well good luck once again.

They just sent me an email...said that I'm not qualified for the re-pre...
It's silly.
They require 1 full year of Phy + 1 full year of Ana = 2 years...

Have anyone heard of them?

They just sent me an email...said that I'm not qualified for the re-pre...
It's silly.
They require 1 full year of Phy + 1 full year of Ana = 2 years...

Have anyone heard of them?

Most people I know just took Physiology and Anatomy together. There is so much overlapping material, it isn't that hard to do. Many colleges in Oregon offer excelerated anatomy over the summer if need be. The first interview is January 11th and they like to give you 2 weeks notice at least so the invites should all be out by now if not right after christmas would be my guess. OSU usually holds interviews well into March so do not get discouraged if you have not heard anything yet. You can always call Nicole or Angela and they can give you exact information, this is busy season for them but they are always very nice and helpful. If you have any questions I would be happy to give you my opinion/answer.
Good Luck to everyone who applied and is interviewing, don't sweat it too much, just enjoy the holiday break.

Listen to Idesiretosling. They have been VERY helpful at answering questions. I know it might be too late for this application year but WOU (and I am sure OSU does as well) offers A&P during the summer so you can get them all three done in 1 summer. I know a lot of people who did this and did very well in this accelerated format.:)

Anyone else on here applying to Oregon State University COP? Happy Holidays.

I received an interview invite from Angela! Anyone else getting interviewed? :hardy:

Yes. Feb 1st! I'm so happy... my first trip to Corvallis.

For the last few years I've been up here in Portland enjoying a bit of rain :) I hope Corvallis isn't as soggy. Have you heard any gossip on the writing portion of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the last few years I've been up here in Portland enjoying a bit of rain :) I hope Corvallis isn't as soggy. Have you heard any gossip on the writing portion of the interview?

They ask ethical issues so I would read pharmacy articles to prepare. That is what I did.

Hey Labbyratty, what are your stats?

Does anyone know if Feb 1st the first official interview since the early decision? How many people will OSU interview/take?

Does anyone know if Feb 1st the first official interview since the early decision? How many people will OSU interview/take?

I had my interview last week Jan 11th and I believe it was the first group since early decision. They told us they interview 150 - 160 students and take 70 so the odds aren't too bad. Good Luck.

Yeah good luck with that... Corvallis is just as rainy as Portland if not more:eek:

My stats:
BS Biochem, GPA 3.86
PCAT 80
PharmCAS mailed to schools Dec 20
Supplemental mailed Nov 20
Pharmacy experience involves some shadowing in retail and OHSU

I can't believe they want another $50...

My stats:
BS Biochem, GPA 3.86
PCAT 80

Consider yourself lucky. Some schools want 500 dollars or more after being accepted! :scared:

My stats:
BS Biochem, GPA 3.86
PCAT 80

What was your science GPA? Looks like you did very well w/grades.

Should I keep OSU updated with my fall grades? My accum. has gone up after fall.

I had my interview last week Jan 11th and I believe it was the first group since early decision. They told us they interview 150 - 160 students and take 70 so the odds aren't too bad. Good Luck.

Do you have any tips on how to do really well on the interview?

What questions did they ask you?

What was the writing sample about?

Do you have any tips on how to do really well on the interview?

What questions did they ask you?

What was the writing sample about?

The questions all vary upon who interviews. I would look @ the interview feedback on the website under databases and check out OSU. That is how I prepared for the interview. They ask Why Pharmacy and all the basic questions. The people who interview are very nice so don't stress too much. As for the writing portion they will ask questions about ethics and you will have to pick your side and defend it. Both sections last 30 minutes each.

Hi. For those who are willing to share, specifically what kinds of voluntary jobs and/or extracurricular activities you're doing or did?

I am trying to get some ideas. i didn't know that I'd have to wait a couple of months before my Good Samaritan volunteer application gets considered because there are people who have applied before me.

Hi. For those who are willing to share, specifically what kinds of voluntary jobs and/or extracurricular activities you're doing or did?

I am trying to get some ideas. i didn't know that I'd have to wait a couple of months before my Good Samaritan volunteer application gets considered because there are people who have applied before me.

I did my volunteer work through the Salem Hospital and they were very helpful and the experience was priceless. Contact any volunteer department at a local hospital and ask to sit down with them and talk out your goals and what you want to get out of your volunteer work.

Im curious if anyone from the second wave of interviews has heard back yet. I understand they dont really have a specific time they wait to let you know.

Hey Boise,
I don't know which "wave" I was in, but I interviewed on Feb 1. There was a guy from Boise there so maybe we were in the same group. Angela told me they would contact us in 2-6 weeks. They said they would notify us via e-mail. I'll be glued to my email for the next couple of weeks. Good luck!!

Hey Boise,
I don't know which "wave" I was in, but I interviewed on Feb 1. There was a guy from Boise there so maybe we were in the same group. Angela told me they would contact us in 2-6 weeks. They said they would notify us via e-mail. I'll be glued to my email for the next couple of weeks. Good luck!!

Good luck to you all! I hope you all get in. I am looking forward to starting school again in late September. GO BEAVS!:D

I was applying to Oregon State but I'm from Houston, Texas. Can you tell me a little about that area and what there is to do, besides study? I'm trying to decide if i would be happy there or if there would be anything to do in town, or if there are near by outlets.
Good luck with everything, i hate making decisions on where to live for a few years.

I can't tell you a lot about Corvallis specifically, but the Pacific Northwest is a fun place to live. The weather is much different from Texas. We do have a lot of rainy days, but we have enough coffee to get us through. Corvallis is about 90 minutes from Portland, where you would spend your third and possibly fourth year of OSU pharmacy school. Portland is a pretty standard city - it kind of reminds me of Austin. There is a lot of the usual stuff to do - concerts, galleries, places to eat, urban hiking. It is a very green city with a huge emphasis on biking and recycling. It is close to skiing at Mt Hood and close to the beach, though the beach is really cold. There are lots of outdoor activities. Oregon is not the most diverse place you'll ever find, but it is filled with young, open-minded people and I am sure the demographics will change over the next few years. As a side note, a 1 bedroom apartment in the Portland suburbs will run you about 500-650 a month. It is common here for people to rent rooms in houses with a lot of other students/friends/young people to keep the costs down (that's what I do).

If you interview in Corvallis you will fly in to Portland and I would recommend you spend a day checking out the city. The third and fourth year OSU pharmacy students meet at OHSU's brand-new fancy facility right on the water. It has a great view, but no parking available for students (there's ok public transportation).

I know this didn't clearly answer your question, but it is really hard to summarize it all in a reply, especially since I am not that familiar with Corvallis. Craigslist is huge in this area so you can visit the activities and general sections to get an idea of things happening in the area.

As far as my personal choice, I applied to OSU for the in state tuition, but I wouldn't mind going somewhere a bit warmer and less dreary (though this area itself is really nice). Good luck and please email me through SDN if you have any specific questions that I can answer.

I did my four years of undergrad at OSU and I think the culture, weather and town in general is something you gotta experience first hand to know if you can handle it.
As far as Corvallis, there is a decent variety of restaurants and nightlife activities. Other than that I would say Portland is your best bet if you are looking for something other than studying to do. Its only a little over an hour away, so it is convenient enough if you need something else to do.
I personally applied to OSU because I really like the academic facilities (the library is 6 stories and is state of the art), and most of all, I love the scenery and campus as a whole.

Just dont be afraid of the rain!

I got an offer of admission for OSU COP last week~!

[quote

Just dont be afraid of the rain![/quote]

The only reason I am not applying to OSU COP b/c I am afraid to come to class everyday with bad hair-dew :laugh:

For those of you that will be joining me at OSU this fall, did you make much sense of the paperwork just sent to us? I understand that we can register for electives beginning May 11th but not pharm courses until September.

I think we need more action on this thread, as it seems there arent many people on SDN that are going to attend OSU.

For those of you that will be joining me at OSU this fall, did you make much sense of the paperwork just sent to us? I understand that we can register for electives beginning May 11th but not pharm courses until September.

I think we need more action on this thread, as it seems there arent many people on SDN that are going to attend OSU.

I agree with you about needing more action on this thread. They are having us wait for PharmD classes so everyone has a fair chance at getting the courses they want @ the time they want. I think OSU hasn't had a lot of people coming onto this site but I think we need to. It is a good means for communication. Here is a link to the class thread I just made:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6594725#post6594725