Orgo Lab Conflict (HELP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlQemy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a rising sophomore at what feels like the most overcrowded school ever with the most Pre-Meds ever. I am taking Orgo in the Fall; however, lecture and lab are 2 separate classes at my school and unfortunately all the labs are taken by upperclassmen and people with more priority as they get to enroll first. Is it an issue with Med Schools if I take Orgo 1 Lab at a different time? And will it be more difficult doing it separately?

Members don't see this ad.

No medical school cares when you finish your pre-reqs as long as you have them done before you graduate. The difficulty wouldn't change according to when you take it. Don't worry

Taking it separately shouldn't be that difficult, especially if you've taken Orgo I.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many people at my school take the lab sequence a semester later than the lecture sequence on purpose. Although the labs match up to lecture much better when you take them on time, the staggered sequence means that you've already learned all the reactions pretty well before seeing them in lab. Can't say whether it helps (I took it on time), but you definitely won't be penalized.

Thank you all so much for the help. I was quite worried this would have negatively affected me. Really appreciate the assurance.