Orientation dress code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nextyearrx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious to know what should a man wear on Orientation day??:)

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a job orientation? An orientation before starting classes at school?

I'm assuming you're asking about orientation for pharmacy school. I thought people usually wore what they wanted as long as it wasn't inappropriate.

Members don't see this ad :)
For my school I have been told to wear "professional dress" to my first day of orientation. Of course we also have our white coat ceremony on that day as well.

For my school I have been told to wear "professional dress" to my first day of orientation. Of course we also have our white coat ceremony on that day as well.

sounds pretty ****ty

I am just curious to know what should a man wear on Orientation day??:)

If Orientation Day for your pharmacy school then you should be notified by your school. If you haven't heard anything, send off an email.

If Orientation Day for your pharmacy school then you should be notified by your school. If you haven't heard anything, send off an email.
I second this. The dress code for us was the same as it is for every day classes.

Our school had business casual for orientation. It was funny on the 1st day of classes last year, the P1s seemed to have been convinced and frightened that they had to wear business casual all the time when on campus, and us P2s were walking around in the normal jeans and t-shirts.

Iowa's orientation said that dress is casual.

Though I'll probably go business casual on the first day just to be safe.

This is why I have almost no faith in "the future". Is it really hard to call up the dean or head of admissions and ask "I'm just curious but what is the dress code for this orientation?".

Jeez.

This is why I have almost no faith in "the future". Is it really hard to call up the dean or head of admissions and ask "I'm just curious but what is the dress code for this orientation?".

Jeez.
Apparently, the Internet is faster than a phone call, especially during the week.

/s

Jeez.

If you're too shy to ask somebody, then you have to wear a tie.

OP, you should dress professionally and here's the breakdown.

Dressing professionally
Pro: You'll fit in by obeying the dress code.
Con: If no dress code then people will call you a dork.

Dressing casually (ie t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, etc)
Pro: You'll fit in because there was no dress code.
Con: People will think you're unprofessional and have no place in pharmacy school because you look like a loser.

hi everyone,

I was asking about PHARMACY SCHOOL ORIENTATION DAY.

THANKS FOR REPLY..:)

hi everyone,

I was asking about PHARMACY SCHOOL ORIENTATION DAY.

THANKS FOR REPLY..:)
Why are you SURREPTITIOUSLY SHOUTING at us and WHY DID IT take so long to REPLY?

Call your school.

And there was I thinking you meant sexual orientation and that OK for men to wear high heels and a dress and the girls to wear trousers, brogues and hair cropped.
johnep

Contrariwise, women who were overdressed gave a sense of being unsure of themselves. Women who were trying show a youthful appearance were in fact leaving the impression of not caring.
I believe these women were not aware of how strong impression they may leave with their ladies dresses. I draw myself many conclusions. Based on ladies dresses choice, I can guess what a woman's character is. For example, if I see a woman dressed in her daughter's clothes, I think to myself that may be she is very desperate of losing her youth.

From someone pointing to the 'Sexy Depot' in their signature?
:rolleyes: