Oschner interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Testup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up in New Orleans. When does the Oschner Interview end? I'm trying to get a flight out, what time would they end and what would be a good time to get the departing flight?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up in New Orleans. When does the Oschner Interview end? I'm trying to get a flight out, what time would they end and what would be a good time to get the departing flight?
What did the PC say when you asked him/her this question?

Reactions: 1 users
They mentioned that it might end by late afternoon. I was wondering if I have flight at 6pm would there be enough to get to the airport.

Just send her another email and try to specify a time. Or ask her just that, your arranging travel and does she think flying out at 6 pm would be a good idea. Use her as a resource.

Thank you for the response. That's the answer I got. Just wondering what it means when they say "interview activities will extend into late afternoon". Just hoping if someone who had previous experience/interview there would shed some light about this. Didn't want to keep emailing them as they are busy this time of the year.

Thank you very much. You all are doing an awesome job! Every time I emailed them, they all are very prompt and courteous. Very helpful.. Answering all kinds of questions besides organizing the interviews is not easy.. I appreciate it very much..

It really depends on what they mean by late afternoon. Traffic from Ochsner to the airport is generally pretty bad from 4pm onwards. Ochsner is also pretty out of the way, so I'd expect to have to wait 20-30 minutes to get a cab or even an Uber in that area (although I've never tried, so I could be wrong). Basically, I'd say that if they think you'll be done at 3 or earlier then you'd be OK with a flight at 6. If they think you'll be done by 4, you'd be really pushing it to make a flight at 6. If they think you'll be done later than 4, then I don't think it's going to happen. Expect 45 min or possibly an hour to get from Ochsner to the airport plus whatever time it takes you to get a ride.

As a side note, note that the spelling is "Ochsner", not "Oschner", as I often see people spell it on this board. I'm not affiliated with them, but it's a great, if little known, place with wonderful physicians and a pleasant work environment. Hope you enjoy your interview!

Thank you "irmajean". That was helpful.. If the interview is done by 3pm I should be fine getting to the airport as I have a ride.
And about the spelling, must have typed by mistake. Didn't even realized that until you pointed it out (lol) but thank you though.

Thank you "irmajean". That was helpful.. If the interview is done by 3pm I should be fine getting to the airport as I have a ride.
And about the spelling, must have typed by mistake. Didn't even realized that until you pointed it out (lol) but thank you though.

If it's done by 3, then yes, I think you should be just fine. Good luck on your interview.