Osteopathic Blogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IceMan731

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any blogs from current osteopathic medical students? I want to read the experiences of current students and what better way than to follow their blog?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have one but it's not very focused on medicine to be honest (I mean there is some stuff). But if you want to hear my thoughts on politics, video games, entertainment, current events, and what-have-you PM me.

This person had a 23 on the MCAT and got into PCOM(PA). Anything is possible.

How do you know her MCAT?

Is she urm?

This is obviously the exception. This school usually requires atleast a 24

How do you know her MCAT?

Is she urm?

This is obviously the exception. This school usually requires atleast a 24

B/c she mentions it on one of her posts. I don't believe she is URM (judging from pictures) but I could be wrong.

That's the thing, I don't believe that. Stats are just one part of the picture. I think we get inundated with the notion that stats are so important. They're not. They're important just like your ECs are. Just like your LORs are. If stats really mattered so much, I would be drowning with interviews (which I am most def not)

B/c she mentions it on one of her posts. I don't believe she is URM (judging from pictures) but I could be wrong.

That's the thing, I don't believe that. Stats are just one part of the picture. I think we get inundated with the notion that stats are so important. They're not. They're important just like your ECs are. Just like your LORs are. If stats really mattered so much, I would be drowning with interviews (which I am most def not)

I heard the dean of admissions speak at this school. So I can say she is obviously an outlier (urm hispanic. Name is veronica). Dean of admissions said you need atleast a 24 in most cases.

To the person who mentioned my blog above (www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com), thanks for the shout-out! Also, to the people posting in the thread about MCAT requirements, don't be so quick to assume. I am at the GA-PCOM campus, and although the average score was a 27 (I think), my highest was a 22 and there are non-urm students who had similar scores. The key word is "most cases". They take into account way more than just the MCAT.

To the person who mentioned my blog above (www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com), thanks for the shout-out! Also, to the people posting in the thread about MCAT requirements, don't be so quick to assume. I am at the GA-PCOM campus, and although the average score was a 27 (I think), my highest was a 22 and there are non-urm students who had similar scores. The key word is "most cases". They take into account way more than just the MCAT.

I love your blog :) I decided to apply to PCOM-GA after reading your entries!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! As a georgia native, GA-PCOM seems like a great option.

Well, I'm obviously biased, but it really is a great school and worth checking out :)

The average at ga PCOM is 24.5 I believe. Your score seems normal for them. I wasn't saying lower scores don't exist but primarily they are higher then 23 for Philly.