This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Riverside vs Modesto. Where would you go?

• Total voters
Reaction score
All the other threads were a little dated. Any thoughts on going to Riverside or Modesto, where would you go? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you audition at both places? If so, which one did you like better or fit into better?

Can somebody give me feedback on Mountain View vs Plainview vs Broward?

@BeenThereDoneThatOrtho
@hbslax4
@DarkHorizon

The last two years Broward has last minute cancelled on auditions for a ton of people, wouldn't personally take the risk. They also took 2/3 MDs last year and it's expected they will again this year. Plainview, same story, they are taking equal/more MDs than DOs the last year and this year. MountainView had its first 2 rotators ever this season and is very new, so do with that what you will.

All the other threads were a little dated. Any thoughts on going to Riverside or Modesto, where would you go? Thanks.

Wouldn't risk going to either next year unless you have COMLEX > 700 and USMLE > 240 with other aspects of your app that also stand out. They are both places that are busy and operate a ton and early so can't really go wrong depends if you like southern or northern California more amongst other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can somebody give me feedback on Mountain View vs Plainview vs Broward?

@BeenThereDoneThatOrtho
@hbslax4
@DarkHorizon

I would go to Broward or Plainview over New Mexico program. They both have been around for a long time and are ACGME accredited. Both are very competitive and Broward has taken an IMG over many qualified DOs, who is a daughter of one of their attendings.

The last two years Broward has last minute cancelled on auditions for a ton of people, wouldn't personally take the risk. They also took 2/3 MDs last year and it's expected they will again this year. Plainview, same story, they are taking equal/more MDs than DOs the last year and this year. MountainView had its first 2 rotators ever this season and is very new, so do with that what you will.

Wouldn't risk going to either next year unless you have COMLEX > 700 and USMLE > 240 with other aspects of your app that also stand out. They are both places that are busy and operate a ton and early so can't really go wrong depends if you like southern or northern California more amongst other things.

The comlex average came back down. You still think >700? This year I can see that cause the high average?

Also, what if you have 660 comlex, but 250+ USMLE? Worth audition?

The comlex average came back down. You still think >700? This year I can see that cause the high average?

Also, what if you have 660 comlex, but 250+ USMLE? Worth audition?

I think this year having a high USMLE will definitely help because this is the first year the DO programs will be able to get a copy of your USMLE score reports when you submit ERAS. I mentioned the 700+ because at AOAO a few years back Dr. Trzeciak specifically said thats his cut-off.

Regardless, as auditions/interviews wrap up I think my biggest take away that's echoed here from the more experienced posters/residents is that the score gets you in the door but your personality/work ethic is how you land your spot because honestly you meet a ton of super smart people on the trail. Was an awesome semester of medical school.