Osu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajusf16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
today I believe should be the final round of interview invites is that correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the website says that, but interview invitations for October 30 were still being sent out on 10/11.

Yeah, they were running a week behind their posted schedule all cycle. Really keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well in the interest of saving myself from refreshing all day I just called and spoke with Mike in admissions and he said they will not be sent out today for sure. They will possibly go out next week or even the following week so that relaxes me and saves my f5 button for the day...

Thanks! That saves me a lot of needless checking this week :)

Well in the interest of saving myself from refreshing all day I just called and spoke with Mike in admissions and he said they will not be sent out today for sure. They will possibly go out next week or even the following week so that relaxes me and saves my f5 button for the day...

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Hope we all get good news soon :)

speaking of OSU...anyone who already interviewed there, how was it?

speaking of OSU...anyone who already interviewed there, how was it?

everyone is really friendly and I am sure you know the format of it by now (speed dating type of interview)...It doesn't even feel like an interview since it's so laid back...you are interviewed by 3 faculty members/members of the admissions committee and the other 2 people are the students. Just know your application well and you will do great since they mostly focus on that throughout the entire interview...other than that they just want to get to know you better to see that you're not an antisocial nut job...hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Like everyone else said, the interview invites haven't been going out according to the schedule on the web site. I remember the invites for 10/16 were sent out a week before 9/16, and the invites for 10/30 were sent out two weeks later than 9/30! So who knows when the final interview invites will come. Hang in there all :)

Anyone wake up to good news from OSU today?

seems like chances for non-resident is very low. The statistics on the OSU website indicates that there were 838 non-resident applicants(out of 1090 total applicants) and only 2% were accepted&enrolled in class 2014, which is 17. but if you are in-state, I think you stand a good chance of getting in! Also, the class of 2014 is comprised of 0 Californian. Though it is certain that they accepted more than 17 out-of-staters and maybe some were from California as well, but the numbers are just depressing low.

Since state universities are funded by their corresponding state taxpayers, they typically have to favor in-state students over out of state students.

If one applies to dental schools outside of their own state, private schools are her best bet, since private schools are not supported by state taxes, and therefore, don't have to follow the in-state student preference rule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called to ask when they think they'll be sending out the last round of invites?

Should be this week. Early next week at the latest. :xf:

Are all of you instate residents? I am :D. The dentist I shadowed who graduated a few years ago said they really are known for making in-staters wait. Especially when handing out acceptances as well. :xf:

Instater here...Stopped by and asked today - same answer - Sometime this week or next

Are all of you instate residents? I am :D. The dentist I shadowed who graduated a few years ago said they really are known for making in-staters wait. Especially when handing out acceptances as well. :xf:

I don't think they really do it depending on state. I heard that the first interview date was pretty much all OOS and IS had to wait too, but I got an interview for the first date and quite a few other IS friends did as well. I think they just do interviews by a point value of some formula.

I don't think they really do it depending on state. I heard that the first interview date was pretty much all OOS and IS had to wait too, but I got an interview for the first date and quite a few other IS friends did as well. I think they just do interviews by a point value of some formula.

That sounds about right. About half of the group I interviewed with was OOS.

Last edited:
I'm an Ohio resident and there were 24 of us at the first interview out of 60. It seems the second interview has a few more IS than OOS. However they do it, it will add up to around 105-115 in state and 65-75 out of state interviewees (180 total, 60 at each interview event).

Last year they made it through the entire out of state wait-list, and thus accepted a larger number of instate students (89 instead of 80) for the class of 2014.

I'm an Ohio resident and there were 24 of us at the first interview out of 60. It seems the second interview has a few more IS than OOS. However they do it, it will add up to around 105-115 in state and 65-75 out of state interviewees (180 total, 60 at each interview event).

Last year they made it through the entire out of state wait-list, and thus accepted a larger number of instate students (89 instead of 80) for the class of 2014.
well if I get an interview then I hope this is the same situation :D

I called Mike today who told me later this week or early next week. He also proceeded to tell me that my application was already reviewed but I figured it would be against protocol to ask about the result...

No news today anyone?? This is seriously the most nervous I have been all cycle lol

No news today anyone?? This is seriously the most nervous I have been all cycle lol

I believe that the last interview is mostly Ohioans. Therefore, as an Ohio resident you have the greatest chance of getting invited to the Nov 20 interview.

Last edited:

The third event being mostly IS makes sense according to this. Say they interviewed 36 OOS the first event and 30 the second event, that means they are getting close to the 65-75 OOS interview invites.

The final interview invitations will start going out tomorrow, Friday October 29th. 28 applicants from out of state will get invitations to the final interview event on the 20th of November. The Ohio applicants will receive their invitations by next thursday, the 4th of November. A total of 32 Ohio applicants will be invited to the final event. However, due to applicants declining interview applications, invitiations for non-ohio and ohio applicants will continue to go out until November 17th. Good luck!

Last edited:
The final interview invitations will start going out tomorrow, Friday October 28th. 28 applicants from out of state will get invitations to the final interview event on the 20th of November. The Ohio applicants will receive their invitations by next thursday, the 4th of November. A total of 32 Ohio applicants will be invited to the final event. However, due to applicants declining interview applications, invitiations for non-ohio and ohio applicants will continue to go out until November 17th. Good luck!

@osuadmin, Will acceptance/wait-list notifications be sent on 12/1 this year?

Last edited:
wow my heart just dropped, now the nerves are getting big

Acceptance notifications will go out on December 1st. We attempt to contact you by phone starting at 7:30 am. You will also receive an email later that day followed by a packet of materials in the mail. You will have 30 days to accept or decline our offer.

Alternates will receive notification via email on December 1st. A packet of materials will also be sent via mail.

any word what states the oos invites are from? :D

How big is the padfolio you are given? Also, I was going to bring some 8x10 photos of a dental humanitarian trip I went on to Nicaragua. Good idea?

Oh its quite possibly Christmas morning...please be under the tree

The padfolio is 10" x 13". No need to bring photos or other items - your interview is more about how you communicate versus your experiences

Final interview invitations for non-Ohio applicants are going out today, people in these states are on the list to receive an invite:

AZ, DE, FL, ID, IN, KY, MN, MO, NV, OK, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV and international.

Remember Ohio applicants will be receiving their invitations by Thursday of next week.

Good luck to everyone.

any word what states the oos invites are from? :D

Final interview invitations for non-Ohio applicants are going out today, people in these states are on the list to receive an invite:

AZ, DE, FL, ID, IN, KY, MN, MO, NV, OK, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV and international.

Remember Ohio applicants will be receiving their invitations by Thursday of next week.

Good luck to everyone.

Does anyone know how many in state vs. out of state are interviewed?