OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you also notice all the talk about raising a kid alone?
I think that's what happens when you marry rich, and then once you age the guy moves on to the next hot item. I'm not exactly sure though...I guess it wouldn't be alone if you're scoring the child support.

Last edited:
But what about your shopping habit???:smuggrin:

I spent $1150 in Victoria Secret this past week. I ended up returning $650 of it b/c I couldn't find the matching panties to the bras I bought. :rolleyes: So I only owe ~$450....so see I can CONTROL myself! :p

Did you also notice all the talk about raising a kid alone?

I think that's what happens when you marry rich, and then once you age the guy moves on to the next hot item. I'm not exactly sure though...I guess it wouldn't be alone if you're scoring the child support.

I don't mean alone...I will be married before I ever have children. LOL...My husband will be paying too FOR SURE. LOL....

I was just agreeing with WVU that people that have children shouldn't expect special treatment.

Children to me are like any other luxury item you buy...if you choose to buy it (or have the child) then it's 100% on you to take care of it.

You can't buy a 100K car or 3 million dollar mansion and expect someone else to pay for it can you? Well, then you shouldn't be able to have children and expect someone else to pay for it. Children are just like any other luxury item you decide to take on. It's expensive you better be prepare to pay up! :laugh:

Yuck kids. Parents and kids are pretty much the only thing I hate about emergency medicine. The more of them I'm around the more I think about getting a prophylactic vasectomy.

So, does anyone have tips on how to get birds out of a chimney? Someone had babies up there and I'm tired of their racket. I'm not going roof bound in this heat, either.
bottle rockets?:smuggrin:

Yep, gonna have 2 little kids so I can pass the legacy, one of my partner one for my self... I don't want to over populate the earth. I don't know about you but I want to watch them grow up/watch them **** up during their teenage year/teach them/play with them/see their grand kids. Maybe, they will do better or worse than me in life but I do know I want to have something called family. Someone to leave all the money I accumulate also (prolly ~$8M when I die), eh... to hell with charity (maybe about 10% going there)!

About 1 in 10 people is qualified to donate sperm.

Hey, to each his own lol

I remember a while ago you mention you did NOT ever want to get married or have children.

I guess we all change. Now you have to have 2?

I think 1 is more than enough...those private school tuitions aren't gonna be cheap.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work Xmas because I despise it and get paid double and a half time.

Even if you don't have children I am sure your wife would like you to spend time with her on that day! It would not be nice to make her stay home alone on that day!

I spent $1150 in Victoria Secret this past week. I ended up returning $650 of it b/c I couldn't find the matching panties to the bras I bought. :rolleyes: So I only owe ~$450....so see I can CONTROL myself! :p

To me the fact that you returned any of it implies that you may have been a touch out of control. I wouldn't consider dropping $1150 at Victoria Secret and returning every penny of it as control. The real question is would you have returned any of it if your mother didn't make you feel guilty about it?

Extreme heat warning for next ten days. This is the time of year that I go into hibernation....sleep til 1pm or so, stay inside until the sun goes down, and do everything at night. One day, my friends, I won't have to deal with this **** anymore. One day, my summer electric bill won't be 200+ dollars.

So, does anyone have tips on how to get birds out of a chimney? Someone had babies up there and I'm tired of their racket. I'm not going roof bound in this heat, either.

Thankfully we got a touch of rain yesterday, right? I woke up yesterday and saw the few clouds rolling off the Catalinas and knew it was gonna be a good day.

I've never really experienced extended periods of dry heat before, but I think it's safe to say I would die in AZ.

Was 108 today, shouldn't have gone outside. I would rather have humidity.....humidity, although gross feeling, equals rain! We have only had rain 6 times in the last seven months, I think that was the last number I heard anyways.

I thought I wouldn't mind phoenix heat but i'm dying. My apt has a set temperature of 75 degrees! I'm used to 65-70:eek:

Was 108 today, shouldn't have gone outside. I would rather have humidity.....humidity, although gross feeling, equals rain! We have only had rain 6 times in the last seven months, I think that was the last number I heard anyways.
That's craziness. I can't imagine how all the SW snowbirds manage.

The real question is would you have returned any of it if your mother didn't make you feel guilty about it?

Most likely not. :oops:

The underwears are so pretty!

Hot weather is the best...the HOTTER the better! :)

I've never really experienced extended periods of dry heat before, but I think it's safe to say I would die in AZ.

You acclimate eventually. It's no different than adjusting to long periods of freezing cold.

But, yeah, a.lot of people do die because they don't do what they are supposed to or they do stupid **** like go hiking without enough water.

Brace yourself. This week is going to suck. How much longer are you here?
I heard :( August 14th. I knew I should have gone to Van Nuys lol. I'm really scared for the ~120 degree days people keep talking about.

You acclimate eventually. It's no different than adjusting to long periods of freezing cold.

But, yeah, a.lot of people do die because they don't do what they are supposed to or they do stupid **** like go hiking without enough water.
I don't mind the cold because it lets me know I'm alive. I'm guessing this stems from my seemingly heightened senses. Plus, you can always put more layers on when it's freezing! You can only feel so comfortable in your skin.

I heard :( August 14th. I knew I should have gone to Van Nuys lol. I'm really scared for the ~120 degree days people keep talking about.

Take a trip to flagstaff. Nice and cool up there :)

But yeah, 120... Sunblock, hat, sunglasses always. Don't wear flip flops if you're walking outside for a while. Don't leave anything plastic in your car. Ever.

I bought a Bosch dishwasher.
27x341i.jpg

I must say, it works quite well.

The plates have a pleasant smell.

I find the lack of smudges swell.

Then I tripped over the box it came in and fell.

-----

I'm impressed with only hearing 50 dB per cycle.

I bought a Bosch dishwasher.
27x341i.jpg

I must say, it works quite well.

The plates have a pleasant smell.

I find the lack of smudges swell.

Then I tripped over the box it came in and fell.

-----

I'm impressed with only hearing 50 dB per cycle.

You're getting boring in your old age.

My IPPE rotation starts in 2 weeks and I just received my syllabus. This site is going to be awesome...and I'm going to get to do a lot. My experience will be unique because some companies are coming to demonstrate their EMR software for my first week and a half. I'll get to sit in on important meetings :D and get to see the administrative side of things. I also get to shadow a physician and observe a surgery.

I'm going to get to do everything a pharmacist does and learn what school doesn't teach!

It's at a critical access hospital. I'm so freaking excited I could die lol

I'm not trying to brag but words can't convey my enthusiasm for this.

Actually, Bosch is one of the few companies that manufacture in the US. My dishwasher was built in New Bern, North Carolina.

Most "American" companies like frigidaire have outsourced.

Bosch and really expensive brands like Viking or Sub-Zero are pretty much it, I think.

Actually, Bosch is one of the few companies that manufacture in the US. My dishwasher was built in New Bern, North Carolina.

Most "American" companies like frigidaire have outsourced.

Bosch and really expensive brands like Viking or Sub-Zero are pretty much it, I think.

Sure, like many Japanese cars are manufactured in the US...

Sure, like many Japanese cars are manufactured in the US...

Not the same at all.

American car manufacturers pay their employees more and result in more American jobs per car sold than their Japanese counterparts that employ people for less money in right to work states. This is why I won't buy a Lincoln MKZ...its made in Mexico...but my Sable was made in Chicago by UAW workers whose higher salaries will help the overall economy.

With dishwashers, I actually think Bosch and Whirlpool are the only companies that really add the the US economy. I know Whirlpool isn't unionized, and I think Bosch isn't either. However, being a German company, it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

Either way, I think insofar as dishwasher purchasing goes, I made the right choice in this case by buying Bosch over someone like Frigidaire or Samsung.

And it cleans like a beast. Seriously, this thing is badass...and quiet...and stainless steel inside...