OT schools that don't get enough applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinganca

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read in another thread that there are OT schools that actually have trouble filling their classes. Would anyone be so kind as to let me know (either replying or via PM) which schools? :oops:

I'm not asking because I'm lazy and/or have poor grades. I've got a 3.7 undergrad GPA, 4.0 in the OT prereqs I've completed thus far, 1300 GRE (4.5 on the writing sample). I've done shadowing hours at a hospital and an outpatient pediatric clinic, and can get good rec letters from both OTs and a professor.

Here's my problem. I've still got two full semesters of OT prereqs left to take. Developmental psych, abnormal psych, statistics and physics in the spring, and anatomy and physiology during the summer session.

If I wait till next year to apply, after I've completed all the prereqs, I'll then have to wait another year to actually start an OT program. I'm willing to go to school in an undesirable location if it means getting my career and life started a year sooner.

I was planning on applying to Towson, Temple, and University of Indianapolis, but somehow I doubt they'd be impressed with two semesters of prereqs outstanding. :( If I apply to any of those schools, it would have to wait until next year.

If there are any OT schools where this wouldn't be an issue, or where I could be conditionally accepted pending completion of the prereqs...I would be eternally grateful if someone would let me know about them. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.