OT volunteering assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prodigiousflame

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have a question about shadowing and getting the OT to complete a document saying that we volunteered/shadowed. If we only have shadowed for a few hours at one setting, and the document is asking how we did, what are strengths are, etc etc in the OT's opinion, what can they possibly write? The document will also ask them to rate different qualities. I feel like I'm a bit insecure about getting them to write something up for me when all I've done is shadowed for a few hours and completed a couple tasks here and there..

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on how the school you are applying for requests documentation I would follow their instructions exactly. If the school provides a form have the OT fill it out anyway. Otherwise just have them write a short letter with a signature on letterhead confirming how long you volunteered/shadowed. I'm sure whoever you shadowed will be nice enough to rate you kindly even if they haven't gotten a chance to know you very well.