OT: What area do you want to work in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTstudent11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of setting you are interested in. Currently I think I'd like to work in either Geriatrics, Neuro, or Out-patient.

Why do you think you'll pursue that setting? Money? Enjoyment? Good hours?

Members don't see this ad.

If I could choose, I would definitely love to work in pediatrics. I shadowed a school-based PT for a couple months and absolutely loved it. No matter a disability,every child should have the opportunity to experience a fun, involved, normal childhood and I would love to be able to help them optimize their mobility as much as possible in order to do just that. I have also shadowed a PT who worked with in-patient geriatrics at a major hospital, and I loved that as well. I know, two different extremes but both very interesting groups of people!

I would definitely pursue any specialty on enjoyment.:)

Last edited:
outpatient ortho (how original! haha).

I'd love to come back and work with the company I'm currently with, especially because they have PTs that they pay to travel on tour with Chicago dance companies....and I'd looooooove to do that.

I just want to work in a setting where I can work with performing artists, and some athletes. And the occasional eccentric older population :p

I hope to be able to have a "more" sports based practice eventually as well as be involved in some canine rehabilitation.

My ideal situation would be to own my own clinic, focus on athletes/weekend warriors, canine rehabs, and have a private personal training studio in the same building.

I would choose this because these are the things I have a great interest in. It would be nice if it pays the most, but if it doesn't that will be okay