OTC Ordering for retail pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maplezh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Where to order OTC for a retail pharmacy?
Where are you guys get OTC at the best price from?Do you order directly from your wholesaler? Or from the manufacturer?

I found my price on OTC from my wholesaler is often very expensive. How to get the best deal? Try to stay afloat....

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

some OTC items, like brand Flonase, Nexium, Claritin is more expensive from Mckessen than from online seller like Amazon or Costco.

Do we need to negotiate better contracts with Mckessen or need to directly order from manufacturers?

Thank you for you insights and any suggestions?

some OTC items, like brand Flonase, Nexium, Claritin is more expensive from Mckessen than from online seller like Amazon or Costco.

I've notice this, and I seriously wonder if some of this stuff being sold on Amazon isn't stolen/shoplifted.....some of the prices just seem way to unbelievable.

I mean, because of the in-transparency of wholesaler's pricing to each pharmacy (different buying groups, contracts),
each individual pharmacy may end up paying far more or far less for the same medication,
that is even hard for independents to navigate around, to find the best deal for every single medication (I myself tried to find the best price for every item)

That is really hard to do business with those large wholesalers, especially you are small and for your unique needs.

I would like to see a transparent, pricing to all. Small secondary may provide these, but they also have their own disadvantages.
any suggestions?