General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 15/16--how are observ hrs verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Curious if anyone knows how observ hours will be verified thru OTCAS this year? I uploaded the form requesting our OTs names and email addresses. Is the proper procedure to let our OTs know that they will be receiving an email requiring action on their part?
Also, how are you handling the "personal message" area? Not sure what purpose this serves.
TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done my OT hour section yet, but I did input 2 evaluator recommendations. I thought the personal note would be just seen by myself and the evaluator. However, I did a preview print of what one of my programs will receive, and the personal message was on there. Guess it isn't too personal after all. Proceed with caution.

Reactions: 1 user
What form requests the OT emails? I entered my hours, but don't see a form....I got mine verified on a San Antonio form and most are from last year....going to be frustrated if there is a special form now......

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well. It looks like we just have to enter in the facility information, without including the OT's name or license number (for schools that don't require logged hours). I'm wondering how these hours are then verified??? We don't have to even state the OT who was present during our observation... seems weird to me.

Sorry if my original post misled anyone/added confusion; I mixed up evaluators section w/ observ section.
There is NO form (at least that I can see) for observation hours. As others have said, also no req for OT contact info, license #, etc.
I was disappointed to see how this section is laid out--nowhere to write a descrption of the experiences, etc. I just feel like for all those hours, it's awfully generic and based on the honor code (?)

Yeah, it might be that schools that don't require logged hours or signatures never used the OT's info to verify in the past. That is, they weren't looking up/emailing OT's to check because that would take forever. So in a sense it was already an honor system... just with a bunch more unnecessary info.

But no description section seems totally strange!

There is no specific form for observation hours, however if you go directly to the school and click on the document tab, it asks to upload another personal statement and observation document(s) in one file.

There a section called documents under supporting information section. I just made my own document and will have OTs sign it to confirm my hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, you can upload observation hours under documents, but there's no specific form. So I might just upload the Google spreadsheet I was using to keep track. Do I need signatures from the therapists, you think?

Yes to be safe, I would have the OT sign off on it. Some schools actually want it verified by having a signature.