General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mull015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I know that OTCAS opens today but what time does it open? I've been checking all morning and it's still not open yet... also I know its going to a new platform for this year, is it still using the same website?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been checking all morning as well. I checked AOTA this morning and it links to the same website. Just more waiting game...

Members don't see this ad :)
This stinks. I really want to work on it this weekend and get a head start. :(

So as if the OTCAS isn't expensive enough, now they want $55 to put in my transcript? No thanks, I would rather take the 8 hours and do it myself. :wtf:

Reactions: 2 users
HI GUYS!

OTCAS HAS DEFINITELY OPENED THE APPLICATION FOR THE 2015-2016 CYCLE.
I SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY, AND IT SEEMS AS IF THEY ARE CONTINUING
TO DO MAINTENANCE ON THE ORIGINAL SITE.

HERE IS THE LINK TO START YOUR NEW APPLICATION, IT WORK,
I AM USING IS NOW IN A SEPARATE TAB LOL

I WANTED TO COME HERE AND GIVE YOU ALL THIS LINK BECAUSE I
WAS FREAKING OUT WHEN I WASN'T ABLE TO SEE THE
"CREATE MY ACCOUNT" TAB EITHER

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!
ALL NEW DEADLINE DATES ARE POSTED FOR EACH SCHOOL
AND THE FORMAT FOR THE APPLICATION IS SO MUCH EASIER, THANK GOD!

P.S: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME OR INTERNET EXPLORER, THE LINK GIVES
YOU PROBLEMS ON THEIR, IT IS WORKING FOR ME ON MOZILLA FOXFIRE, GOOD LUCK
AND I HOPE THIS HELPS A LOT!

HERE IS THE EXACT LINK:

https://otcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login

Okay so I know that OTCAS opens today but what time does it open? I've been checking all morning and it's still not open yet... also I know its going to a new platform for this year, is it still using the same website?

HI GUYS!

OTCAS HAS DEFINITELY OPENED THE APPLICATION FOR THE 2015-2016 CYCLE.
I SPOKE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY, AND IT SEEMS AS IF THEY ARE CONTINUING
TO DO MAINTENANCE ON THE ORIGINAL SITE.

HERE IS THE LINK TO START YOUR NEW APPLICATION, IT WORK,
I AM USING IS NOW IN A SEPARATE TAB LOL

I WANTED TO COME HERE AND GIVE YOU ALL THIS LINK BECAUSE I
WAS FREAKING OUT WHEN I WASN'T ABLE TO SEE THE
"CREATE MY ACCOUNT" TAB EITHER

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!
ALL NEW DEADLINE DATES ARE POSTED FOR EACH SCHOOL
AND THE FORMAT FOR THE APPLICATION IS SO MUCH EASIER, THANK GOD!

P.S: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME OR INTERNET EXPLORER, THE LINK GIVES
YOU PROBLEMS ON THEIR, IT IS WORKING FOR ME ON MOZILLA FOXFIRE, GOOD LUCK
AND I HOPE THIS HELPS A LOT!

HERE IS THE EXACT LINK:

https://otcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login

I really don't like how they changed the course category section to course subject. I'm not sure how to list my Capstone class. And at my college you took A&P I and II, not Anatomy and then Physiology. I went to a Catholic, liberal arts school and there are courses that I know I will have a hard time categorizing.

Anyone else feel this way?

Reactions: 1 user
I know what you mean. I just put it as close as I could to what department taught it at my school. I think this interface is pretty user-friendly though.

Ugh, any idea if the previous year's stats are anywhere? I only saw it for one school...:( I have what I think are my reach/slight reach schools, but I need more schools that I'm confident I can get safely in (preferably that are less than 3 years). I don't know if there are really any safeties for me, though, because I think my OTCAS gpa is going to come out to around a 3.5, and my prereqs are going to be around the 3.7/3.75 range. I know my stats aren't the worst here, but I'm afraid my social anxiety is going to kill me in an interview (I don't have it around kids or anything, the population I'd like to work with).

UHMMMMM has anyone else noticed that OTCAS went from letting you have FIVE letters of recommendation to letting you have ONLY THREE?!

UHMMMMM has anyone else noticed that OTCAS went from letting you have FIVE letters of recommendation to letting you have ONLY THREE?!
I like how it says minimum of 3 to maximum of 3. Hmm, I can't decide if I want 3 or 3...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OTCAS keeps changing the date for my experiences and my certifications!!! I'll put in one date, save it, and then it saves a completely different date. Is anyone else having this problem?

Re the LORs, 3 seems limiting to me, too. To meet each schools specific requirements, I had planned for 4.
First time I've used OTCAS, so nothing to compare it to, but the format seems nice. Although choosing a "subject" for each course is also challenging.

Has anyone else had trouble in the personal information section on the language/military/convictions sections? I've filled out all of the info (except no where did it have questions about languange prof?) yet it won't let me save and continue

EDIT: and is anyone aware on how we have OTs verify our hours? I see the OT observation upload document, but I thought it was just providing a name and email of the OT so the info could be sent and verified by them ..... and what is this "personal message" sent to our letters of rec. I'm not sure what they are looking for..if it explains how we know the individual or if it is sent to the individual and no one else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else had trouble in the personal information section on the language/military/convictions sections? I've filled out all of the info (except no where did it have questions about languange prof?) yet it won't let me save and continue

Experiencing the same problem right now too. Filled out everything but it won't let me save and continue

Hi all! This is my first time using OTCAS. I am confused on the transcript process. If I enter all of my grades on my own do I still send my transcripts? Also it gives you a transcript request form with a barcode for each school, do I have to send that to the school I want transcripts from? Most of my schools are just online requests where you put in the address. Is the paper with the bar code required to be attached to the transcript for them to accept it?

Hi @h11 . Yes you do still have to send in your transcripts so they can verify everything matches up with the grades you inputted.
Since this is OTCAS' first year using their "new model" website, I am unsure if it is required/mandatory to include the transcript request form.
If I had to say, I would say that the transcript request form is strongly recommended but not required (which was the case for last application period when OTCAS was using their "old model" website).
Last application period (which was a few months ago), when OTCAS was still using their "old model" website, I sent in a majority of my transcripts without the transcript request form and I had no problems whatsoever.

Hi all! This is my first time using OTCAS. I am confused on the transcript process. If I enter all of my grades on my own do I still send my transcripts? Also it gives you a transcript request form with a barcode for each school, do I have to send that to the school I want transcripts from? Most of my schools are just online requests where you put in the address. Is the paper with the bar code required to be attached to the transcript for them to accept it?

I am also having the same problem as deejayy and ot.3277

I think I'll call Monday morning and post on how to correct the problem. On the bright side, the rest of the application seems quite organized and use friendly

any luck? I'm still having the same issue with the first section and says 4/5 completed. wont let me save and continue

If it is anything like last year then it isn't necessarily required for the transcript request form to be with your transcripts, however if it is not your transcripts being verified will be delayed a lot because they have thousands of applications and transcripts to sort through. The verification process already takes forever so I highly highly suggest having those forms sent directly with your transcripts.

Just tried entering info for a letter of rec...it doesn't give anywhere to put their information and when I tried to save it gave an error message... My husband works in QA so I am sooo frustrated with their lack of testing the software before to make sure it works!

Does anyone know if its necessary to add in babysitting/nannying to the employment section?
I make those decisions by asking myself, "If I include this, does it add strength to my overall app?"
If you babysit/nanny for someone who has specials needs, then definately. If not, it still demonstrates you working in a helping/caretaking capacity. That's just my opinion.

Hey Everyone! I'm sure everyone has noticed already, but you can now save the first section for language/military experience, they fixed it!

OT Letter of Rec question: I spent 60 hours last year shadowing peds and this year I will have 20 in skilled nursing and 20 in rehab. Should I ask the OT from last year that I spent more time with or one of the ones from this year???

OT Letter of Rec question: I spent 60 hours last year shadowing peds and this year I will have 20 in skilled nursing and 20 in rehab. Should I ask the OT from last year that I spent more time with or one of the ones from this year???

IMO, I would ask the therapist you feel would best attest to your abilities/attitude/motivation. If the one you spent the most time with is better equipped to do that, then definitely ask that person! It's fortunate that you have a few OTs you feel could offer good LORs.

Does anybody know about transcripts and where we send them to?

Last edited:
Anybody know if they start "matching up/ verifying" your transcripts as soon as they receive them, or do they wait until you've finished submitting your application?

They wait until you submit your application and pay .. If you apply early it usually takes about 2 weeks to verify (sometime even less) But if you apply during a peak time (ex: end of fall semester) the wait time is 4-6 weeks.

Are we able to submit multiple GRE scores into OTCAS? I've taken it once but am planning on taking it again.

Does anybody know about transcripts and were we send them to? It says the address is P.O. Box:9120 which doesn't sound right

This is the correct address. OTCAS will e-mail you when they have received the transcripts.

Are any of your evaluators having trouble uploading the letter of recommendation? One of my evaluator tried using 3 different formats: pdf, doc, rtf. It wouldn't upload. He also tried using Firefox, IE Explorer, and Safari. I sent an email to OTCAS 2 different times and always get a generic response that was unhelpful.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if OTCAS verifies your transcripts even though one of your recommendation letters are still pending?

When I submitted my OTCAS application there is a "green check mark" next to each transcript which means they received it, however it also shows references who have submitted there recommendation letters with "green check marks", and since one of my recommendation letters is still writing it, there is no "green check mark" next to that one reference's name.

Do I have to wait for the reference to submit it in order for my transcripts to be verified? or will it verify regardless if its the recommendation letter is still pending?

(Its my 4th reference who hasn't submitted yet, so I already have the 3 reference minimum requirement)

Thank Your! and Good luck to us all!:)

My understanding is that OTCAS can be verified indepedent of LOR evaluators completing their task. You just have to submit and pay.

Yes, your application can be verified before the letters of recommendation are in - mine has already been verified and a couple of my LORs aren't in yet.

Great thanks everyone!

@3DtoOT Just so I understand correctly, some of your references right now have "grey/non-check marks" when you check on the program status tab?

Thanks!:)

Hey guys,

I'm filling out the OTCAS application right now and had a quick question. In their FAQs, it says to list AP coursework as "Special Classification" and to select "Advanced Placement". I cannot find this option anywhere. Do I just fill out the Course Code as ADVANCED PLACEMENT, Course Title as ENGLISH LITERATURE, and type in "Credit" for Grade ?

Thanks so much!

@deejayy since my application has been verified I don't see those individual check marks anymore under the program status bar, but if I look under the section that I originally submitted the evaluations I can see that one of my references has been submitted and the others still just say "requested". I also just received an e-mail that the school I applied to had received my application but it was true that they had only received one LOR so far. Hope that helps!

Hi everyone,

Just in case some of you were wondering, my OTCAS application was verified within 4-5 days, however that does not mean that everyone's application will be verified within that same time frame as well. Just wanted to let some of you know, just in case you were wondering at what speed they're going at right now. Again, that time frame may vary for some applications.

Also, for those of you who have been verified, according to OTCAS email they sent me, it says "your coursework has been verified....please wait for up to an hour for your calculated gpa to appear on your application". It's been over an hour already (around 3 hours), I was wondering where/what section would it show our calculated gpa?

Thank you! Good luck to all!:)

UPDATE: Just found out where to find your calculated gpa on OTCAS. For some of you who were wondering also, in order view your calculated gpa: you have to download your actual (pdf) application from the "program status" section and scroll through your application to find the page with the gpa table

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Just in case some of you were wondering, my OTCAS application was verified within 4-5 days, however that does not mean that everyone's application will be verified within that same time frame as well. Just wanted to let some of you know, just in case you were wondering at what speed they're going at right now. Again, that time frame may vary for some applications.

Also, for those of you who have been verified, according to OTCAS email they sent me, it says "your coursework has been verified....please wait for up to an hour for your calculated gpa to appear on your application". It's been over an hour already (around 3 hours), I was wondering where/what section would it show our calculated gpa?

Thank you! Good luck to all!:)

UPDATE: Just found out where to find your calculated gpa on OTCAS. For some of you who were wondering also, in order view your calculated gpa: you have to download your actual (pdf) application from the "program status" section and scroll through your application to find the page with the gpa table

@deejayy, thanks for this information, it was helpful! I submitted my application on Friday 8/14/15, I'm hoping it gets verified as quickly as yours did! I have a question, do all your letters of recommendation have to be submitted before they verify your application?

Thank you!

I think this has been asked before, but can I add schools after I submit? And if I haven't taken the MAT but plan to, should I wait to apply to those schools, or can I submit and add it later?

@silverwolf I had one recommendation letter (my 4th LOR) pending when they verified my application. Hope this helps. Good Luck!:)

@Bokonomy Yes you can add schools after you submit. I'm not sure if you can add MAT scores after you submit, but from what I've seen I think you can as long as you indicate it in the "Academic History --> Standardized Test" section of OTCAS, again I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure you can. Good Luck!:)

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application on 8/18 and it was verified the next day. Crazy fast! So much better than when I applied last cycle, which was later on and it took almost 5 weeks.

For the transcript entry section, do I just enter my pre-req courses or do I list every course I've taken that is on my transcript?

For the transcript entry section, do I just enter my pre-req courses or do I list every course I've taken that is on my transcript?
Every course you've ever taken. Pre req is a school-specific section where you match it.

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about the transcript entry process. Let's say you took an ecology class that was under the biology department in your school. Would the course subject be ecology or biology from the list you have to choose from ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to OTCAS.

I would put it under ecology. I went with course description first and then if I couldn't find anything I would select what it fulfilled.