OTCAS, help a gurl out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sana24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just made myself an OTCAS account but I am applying for the summer 2014 application cycle. Was I supposed to wait until July to make an account so it'll count for the next cycle and not this summer's of 2013? I'm so freakin confused. My friend told me she is going thru PTCAS and her admissions lady told her to wait before setting up an account or it won't count for next cycle and will count for this cycle instead. Can someone clarify this for me? Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Actually just learned the OTCAS app for 2014 cycle opens in mid July. So wth do i do since i already made an account? Abandon that account and make a new one in july or call them?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Everything except the recommendation letters should carry over to the new cycle from the old. I applied to last year's cycle and this year's and was relieved to find that all my information and transcripts were carried over. Just make sure you wait on the rec letters until the new cycle opens!

I'm pretty sure that you can use your account for 2014 even if you made it in 2013. That's what I did!

The thing is, if you enter anything in the OTCAS system before July 17th (without paying to submit it to schools that is) I'm pretty sure it will be erased. So my understanding is that you can use the account, but don't enter anything until July 17th when OTCAS opens.

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the information will only carry over to the next cycle if you submitted your application and it was verified. You can look under the FAQ sections on the OTCAS website and it will explain it.

OTCAS is such a scam! It costs so much money and they don't even hold onto your info for the next application cycle (if you need it). I realize it makes things easier for the schools, but what about making things easier for the applicants....?

It does cost a lot, but it would be easier for students if schools stop requiring supplement fees and application material. I can understand a school asking you to submit something that is not require by OTCAS. What I don't like is when the schools asks for an additional fee and to submit transcripts directly to the school. If it was for that it would be easy for schools and students because you would only have to aquire one set of transcripts and LOR.

Hey people.

So I am wondering about when to send in my application. I know it opens up July 17th for 2014 applicants. I am just wondering when is the earliest people apply?...If I can wait a month longer and still be considered early that would benefit me a great deal because I can get more volunteer hours.

What is the latest date I I can apply but still be considered early?

Thanks everyone!

Waiting a month, even two or three I think is considered early.

As long as you send it in before November, you should be fine. I submitted mine in November, and OTCAS took longer to process because they are closed for the holidays in December and January. So as long as it's before then, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Waiting a month, even two or three I think is considered early.

As long as you send it in before November, you should be fine. I submitted mine in November, and OTCAS took longer to process because they are closed for the holidays in December and January. So as long as it's before then, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Great, that's good to know. Is there generally a time that they first start reviewing? I don't want to apply in September if they won't start evaluating until October anyway.