General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Transcript Entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sawyer95

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick Question about transcript entry into OTCAS.

I have my transcript entered, but under the tab for each program I am applying to under the "Program Materials", it has a notice within the prerequisite section that I have "not added any coursework" and this prompt:
"This program requires you to identify courses you have taken that fulfill the prerequisites listed below. Click the 'Go to Transcript Entry' button to enter the appropriate courses, then return to this page to identify which courses fulfill each prerequisite."

In the transcript entry, do I need to specify which courses fulfill specific prerequisites? Or just make sure the subject lines match?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe if it works the same way as it did last year, once you put in your info under the transcript section then go to the program info section. I believe that you can then pick from the info you entered in the transcript section, so it should be a matter of clicking / selecting. This is all assuming it is the same as the applications last year. I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or need clarification don't hesitate to ask! :) best of luck!!

Since this is a "transcript entry" thread, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question I have as I type in my courses...

If a course on my transcript has a code of "MATH 1330" and the title is "Trigonometry", what would I put for the course subject? Mathematics or Trigonometry? It says on the OTCAS help page that the subject should be the name of the department the course was taken under. Another example is "PHIL 3370 Medical Ethics". Philosophy or Medical Ethics? There are quite a few courses on my transcripts where I have this problem

Or is this not even a big deal and I'm worrying about it for nothing..? Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Since this is a "transcript entry" thread, I was wondering if anyone could answer this question I have as I type in my courses...

If a course on my transcript has a code of "MATH 1330" and the title is "Trigonometry", what would I put for the course subject? Mathematics or Trigonometry? It says on the OTCAS help page that the subject should be the name of the department the course was taken under. Another example is "PHIL 3370 Medical Ethics". Philosophy or Medical Ethics? There are quite a few courses on my transcripts where I have this problem

Or is this not even a big deal and I'm worrying about it for nothing..? Lol

I had the same thing last year. I had MATH 140, which was Stats and KIN 345 which was Biomechanics. As the course subjects I put Statistics and Biomechanics and I didn't have any issues because of that.

What if we took a pass/no pass class? How do we enter this into the transcript?

What if we took a pass/no pass class? How do we enter this into the transcript?

Enter the info like the other ones and in the grade section put either P or NP. Whatever shows on your transcript. It could be CR for credit :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks @RUNNING_OT :) One last potentially dumb question - when entering the classes "exactly as it appears on your transcript", do I also just enter "EQUILBR&ACIDS&BASES" or "LANG&SOCL INTERACTN - Writing Intensive" ?? I'm afraid that when I associate these classes to the prerequisites, they won't register them correctly.

I had the same thing last year. I had MATH 140, which was Stats and KIN 345 which was Biomechanics. As the course subjects I put Statistics and Biomechanics and I didn't have any issues because of that.
Thanks! Hopefully it works out ok for me too. This app process makes me nervous.

Thanks @RUNNING_OT :) One last potentially dumb question - when entering the classes "exactly as it appears on your transcript", do I also just enter "EQUILBR&ACIDS&BASES" or "LANG&SOCL INTERACTN - Writing Intensive" ?? I'm afraid that when I associate these classes to the prerequisites, they won't register them correctly.

No such thing as a dumb question when it comes to this confusing process haha
What I did last year was I actually went to my school's catalog and spelled out all the course names. I was paranoid they might not associate them with the prereqs either. So for example I took a class for Adapted Therapeutic Exercises, on my transcript it showed:

KIN 311--Adap Thera Exer-- 3.0--A
I looked up on the catalog what 311 was and spelled out the course name. You can also email OTCAS just to get an answer from them in case they decide to be a little tougher with that this year. ☺

Thank you so much! I'll email them just to make sure :)

Thank you so much! I'll email them just to make sure :)
Just wondering if you heard back from OTCAS about the course titles? I'm curious if I should change my entries

Here's what I asked, and what OTCAS answered:

Me: When entering classes onto OTCAS, it states that must enter classes "exactly as it appears on your transcript". If my class is called "EQUILBR&ACIDS&BASES" or "LANG&SOCLINTREACTN" do I enter it verbatim, or can I enter the course name from the course catalog?

OTCAS: Yes, you're going to want to enter the courses verbatim, not how they appear
in the catalog, only how they appear on the transcript.

Me: When entering classes onto OTCAS, it states that must enter classes "exactly as it appears on your transcript". If my class is called "EQUILBR&ACIDS&BASES" or "LANG&SOCLINTREACTN" do I enter it verbatim, or can I enter the course name from the course catalog?

OTCAS: Yes, you're going to want to enter the courses verbatim, not how they appear

Glad I saw this! I was entering the full course title since some of the abbreviations on my transcript are odd in my opinion!

Awesome! I entered them all verbatim, but I do wonder how schools will be able to tell what some courses are because the abbreviations get whacky. Thanks!

Awesome! I entered them all verbatim, but I do wonder how schools will be able to tell what some courses are because the abbreviations get whacky. Thanks!
Once you enter your classes, you select a program you are applying to and select which of your classes meets their prerequisites. But I agree with the whacky abbreviations. You should contact the programs too because not all of them require their own copy of transcripts.