Otcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeDor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's everyone's OTCAS app going for people applying this upcoming Fall?

I'm currently inputting my coursework and it is extremely tedious. I wonder how picky they are about exact wording from transcripts? For instance, if courses are abbreviated in the transcript, but not on the coursework data will that cause any delay in my app?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Be as thorough as possible! OTCAS gets so many different types of transcripts that it really helps them on their end if you are specific and detailed. It is an extremely tedious process (few days/week worth) but it makes the difference in the end when they can easily process it. They are on Twitter and Facebook but no one seems to utilize the communication there yet. So I have no doubt if you were to ask them a question they'd respond. Hang in there and take breaks from it. It's a pain!

Does anyone know if OTCAS emails your references a copy of the letter that they wrote? Obviously, there are a lot of schools that don't participate in OTCAS and we still need to get LORS to these schools.

I want to give a heads up to my references to save their letter in a word doc just in case OTCAS doesn't do this.

There are 2 parts
1. The OTCAS asks your ref to rate you from 1 to 5 ( about 5 questions)
2. a box where your ref can comment about you