Out of curiosity, what is the average salary of each of the following pro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imitatepl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry this is random.. but out of curiosity, what is the average salary of each of the following professions and their competitiveness?

Podiatrist
Physician's Assistant
Optometrist
Dentist
Pharmacist
Physician

Members don't see this ad.

I'll throw you a bone...forum regulars are quick to tell you "google it" or "search the forum there's already a thread on this...you vile newbie question asker..."

Pod = stinky job, less you like feet, $100k-ish
PA = 70-100k-ish, not bad for less than half the school
Opt = $100k-ish, depends on your gig; if you own your own eye care center you could make bank
Dentist = $150k-ish, and usually on 4 days a week = laughing at 100hr/week docs while counting their money
Pharmacist = $100k-ish...I can't count how many of my med school classmates were pharms going back to school cuz they decided they really wanted to be a doctor....makes you think
Physician = way too general of a question, all depends on specialty--some ophthalmologists and heart surgeons make $1,000,000/year, some general practitioners less than $90K and everywhere in between.

I'll throw you a bone...forum regulars are quick to tell you "google it" or "search the forum there's already a thread on this...you vile newbie question asker..."

It's great that you think forum regulars are so rude, but do you realize that they posted this question in a sub-forum dedicated to asking MCAT questions?

If a dog begs for food and whines, you don't reward poor behavior if you want them to eat out of their bowl.

Reactions: 1 user