Out of state opinions on Wayne State??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gbiz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have to start thinking about where I'll be for next year, etc.

I am a current WSU undergrad, and I was accepted to their medical school. For other reasons then anything about the school, I dont want to stay at WSU (family reasons). However, I might be staying :/

I know what people in Michigan think of WSU, but I want to know what people outside of Michigan think of it. I mean, USNews gives it no loving, but USNews is USNews. I want to know what residencey directors think, etc.

Anyone have any GOOD information? (IE, not ungrounded flaming of Detroit/WSU)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that it's a school that most people outside of Michigan hear about, for better or for worse.

Yeh, thats something I assumed. Especially considerring the undergrad, but I thought the med school might be different since it is a med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
gbiz said:

I am a current WSU undergrad, and I was accepted to their medical school. For other reasons then anything about the school, I dont want to stay at WSU (family reasons). However, I might be staying :/

I know what people in Michigan think of WSU, but I want to know what people outside of Michigan think of it. I mean, USNews gives it no loving, but USNews is USNews. I want to know what residencey directors think, etc.

Hmm.. I might be going there as an out of stater, so I am interesting to hear opinions about this school as well.

Anyone?

Nobody has an opinion?

Nobody on SDN has an opinion!!!!! I find that hard to believe!

gbiz said:
Nobody has an opinion?

Nobody on SDN has an opinion!!!!! I find that hard to believe!
I've heard good things about its students handling trauma. Thats all I've got.

The DMC was on an episode of 'Road Rules.'

Whoops, I'm an in-stater ~covers mouth~ :eek:

HEY NO CHEATING, I KNOW YOURE AN INSTATER ASTUDENT!!!!

(GO Spartans!!! Any chance they can do what UConn did last year?)

What episode? What happened in it?

gbiz said:

no matter where you go, you will be a wonderful physician. im sure of it!