Outline for exams and studying for 4 years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthernDO

3rdGen
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to look up information about when to take the USMLEs and COMLEX exams but have only been finding very general information. All these sites really say is tests are taken 2nd year, 4th year etc. I'm trying to setup an outline of my next 4 years of school including licensing exams, when to take them, how far in advance to start studying for them. Also I am attending a DO school this coming July. As of right now I have a good interest in doing general surgery (may change of course). I don't want to take both USMLEs and COMLEX exams if I don't have to. Would I be better off just taking the USMLEs over the COMLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

Otherwise are there any websites helpful with this kind of information? Any help or information is appreciated, thank you.

1 - who knows what will happen with the merger 2 - so you're able to apply AGCME and AOA. Hard to compare COMLEX to USMLE when ranking students.

A lot could change in the next two years. Focus on killing your classes. You won't be studying for step for two years.

Reactions: 1 user