Outlook for Medical Dosimetry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doomknight

Bing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I saw some threads from 2010 about dosimetry, does anyone have any updated info on the profession and the schools? I'm considering applying to dosimetry schools this Fall. Some of them are certificates, and 3 of them are M.S. Would the M.S. help with getting employed? Also, how easy is it to find a job, assuming I'm able to move?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I saw some threads from 2010 about dosimetry, does anyone have any updated info on the profession and the schools? I'm considering applying to dosimetry schools this Fall. Some of them are certificates, and 3 of them are M.S. Would the M.S. help with getting employed? Also, how easy is it to find a job, assuming I'm able to move?

Thanks!

Ive heard the market for both dosimetry and radiation therapy is tighter now, especially with healthcare reform swirling and the possibility of cuts to technical reimbursement in the future. Many practices are holding off expanding with the uncertainty unless they have heavy volumes to justify taking on additional staff. In total, it really depends on where you're looking. If you have an idea where you'd like to end up, it wouldn't hurt to scoop out how prospects are in that specific location