Pacific Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oatstudentadvice

Reaction score
Hi guys! For anyone who has done an interview at Pacific, how was it like? Any input is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It was a little more intense than the other interviews I went to (AZCOPT and NOVA). They ask you plenty of questions about Optometry and why you chose it. They also have you do an activity to test how well you can perform a certain task(may change from interview to interview). The interview lasted about 45 minutes for me and was conducted by two Optometrist professors. Just practice all the generic questions and you should do fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It was a little more intense than the other interviews I went to (AZCOPT and NOVA). They ask you plenty of questions about Optometry and why you chose it. They also have you do an activity to test how well you can perform a certain task(may change from interview to interview). The interview lasted about 45 minutes for me and was conducted by two Optometrist professors. Just practice all the generic questions and you should do fine.
What task did they have you perform? Or are there certain things you suggest I practice doing before the interview?

What task did they have you perform? Or are there certain things you suggest I practice doing before the interview?
They had me tell someone how to duplicate a paper with a bunch of drawn objects on it by giving specific directions. The test was to tell if you could be specific about giving directions to patients.

They had me tell someone how to duplicate a paper with a bunch of drawn objects on it by giving specific directions. The test was to tell if you could be specific about giving directions to patients.
Woah interesting! Thank you!