Pain- PM&R Office Build Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMR’s chill

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm leasing some new office space and need advice on a build out. Office space is 1500 sq feet, landlord is doing a full buildout to my specs. How big of a room do you typically allocate to a flouroscopy suite (plan to do basic interventional spine procedures in the office). How big do you typically make your exam rooms? What are some features I should ask for in the build out. Planning for 3 exam rooms, 1 procedure suite for fluoroscopy, personal office, small work space for midlevel, reception area and waiting room.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

That's a small.amount of total space for all that you want

I'm leasing some new office space and need advice on a build out. Office space is 1500 sq feet, landlord is doing a full buildout to my specs. How big of a room do you typically allocate to a flouroscopy suite (plan to do basic interventional spine procedures in the office). How big do you typically make your exam rooms? What are some features I should ask for in the build out. Planning for 3 exam rooms, 1 procedure suite for fluoroscopy, personal office, small work space for midlevel, reception area and waiting room.

Thank you

You'll need a clean/dirty area for a sterilizer (if you're doing RFA), a double sink, and refrigerated storage. You'll also need a specimen pass-through window from your bathroom in the office to an area the MAs can access for UDS. If you're doing regen, consider a dedicated phlebotomy area and tissue processing space away from your dirty areas.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll need a clean/dirty area for a sterilizer (if you're doing RFA), a double sink, and refrigerated storage. You'll also need a specimen pass-through window from your bathroom in the office to an area the MAs can access for UDS. If you're doing regen, consider a dedicated phlebotomy area and tissue processing space away from your dirty areas.
Sounds like he wants to be more minimalist, in which case just a sink and fridge will suffice to do the above.

OP:

Reactions: 1 users
no bathroom? No break room?

You will need two restrooms at minimum too. 3 exam rooms plus procedure room might be 600sq ft or more just that. Reception, front office, and you are well over what you are going to lease. Change plans if not too late.

Reactions: 1 user
You will need two restrooms at minimum too. 3 exam rooms plus procedure room might be 600sq ft or more just that. Reception, front office, and you are well over what you are going to lease. Change plans if not too late.

A leg bag and desk urinal can also be helpful and save space.

1704491138111.png

Reactions: 2 users