Panic Thread: Put down why and one thing/person you would blame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feeling-dizzy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far, I only receive 2 rejections and no interview invite so far. I know it is not too late. But it is never early to start being panic. So PUT down why u panic and one thing/person you would blame (not yourself, I heard it will boost your confidence, kinda therapeutic)
I start first. why panic: out more than 3000$ cash and no interview invite. Blame: no hospital experience (the California hospitals makes me wait at least 4 months and make me take classes (say another 2 months) prior to work there; don't have that much time to do all that)

Members don't see this ad.

Join the penguins OP!

Why panic: No rational reason. It's a coping mechanism by which I deplete all of my bodily resources. Then I fall into depression (current stage)
Blame: Lack of seats for admissions and match. Which in turn leads to blaming our government (because yes we can!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Mental state: Panic
Why: Late secondaries
Blame: Broke-ass grad students (ala. me) who can't afford new shoes, much less all this crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mental state:

785832_zps9dd74e6f.gif

Why:

tumblr_loaxn1KeYo1qci81t_zps35e5b4b9.gif

tumblr_lyg2ja5cir1qhqczlo1_500.gif

Blame:

tumblr_lm035ilxPH1qzu43po1_500_zps1f0609c0.gif

Coping method:

Expressing emotions through gifs.

Reactions: 14 users
Mental state: ambivalence and a tiny bit of regret
Why?: because I never did research during undergrad and I'm still scared of interviews
Blame: myself for believing a WUSM professor who told all of us "You don't need research to get into medical school" whole-heartedly
Coping mechanism: Finding the courage to go forth to my interviews with only my good numbers, scribe experience, and my true passion for service to others.

Reactions: 3 users
Why?: because I never did research during undergrad and I'm still scared of interviews
Blame: myself for believing a WUSM professor who told all of us "You don't need research to get into medical school" whole-heartedly
Coping mechanism: Finding the courage to go forth to my interviews with only my good numbers, scribe experience, and my true passion for service to others.

You go Glen Coco!

Reactions: 1 users

But you actually don't need research to get into medical school! Especially if you apply to schools that aren't heavily-focused on research. According to the MSAR, 5-25% of students at all the schools I looked at have zero research experience.

This thread.

"Hi, yes I'm an entitled pre-med and I'd like to take this opportunity to blame others for my shortcomings/ineptness."

Reactions: 5 users
blame myself for not lookign for shadowing opportunities

Join the penguins OP!

Why panic: No rational reason. It's a coping mechanism by which I deplete all of my bodily resources. Then I fall into depression (current stage)
Blame: Lack of seats for admissions and match. Which in turn leads to blaming our government (because yes we can!)

What's with the penguins?

Mental State: Scared.
Why? - Because I didnt get the MCAT score I wanted and because my GPA couldve been higher
Blame: im gonna break the rules a bit here and actually blame myself for spending so much time on MCAT verbal instead of the sciences. If I gave them more attention, I could have broken a 30. Also, I hate myself for simply not trying in my calculus 3 class and getting a C-. Had I tried and gotten an A, my GPA would be 3.75 instead of a 3.65
Coping method: Trying to believe all my friends who are telling me I will get in somewhere

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have no one to blame but myself.

Reactions: 3 users
But you actually don't need research to get into medical school! Especially if you apply to schools that aren't heavily-focused on research. According to the MSAR, 5-25% of students at all the schools I looked at have zero research experience.

I wouldn't apply to a school that has 95% of students who did research, if I didn't do it.

Those tend to be non-trads.

Last edited:
Myself, for choking on the MCAT and taking classes that were too hard for me.
Oh how silly of me to take engineering-based calc and physics as a bio major because I thought it would be cool . . .
I know that feels. : (

I blame myself for going into biology in the first place. "century of biology" my ass!