Pants- on or off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captbadass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP! Interviews are in a few months and I cant decide if I should wear pants or not. This process is more stressful than I thought. But the big question is. . if i take off my pants for the interview, should i take off my pants and jacket? would this be appropriate for a med school interview?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Members don't see this ad.

You think you're funny, but you're just adding more clutter to pre-allo.

I would say that you are as well by replying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Clutter or not, I thought it was funny.

Pants are recommended in the presence of male interviewers. However, there is a high correlation between a lack of pants and acceptances for male applicants with female interviewers.

jajajaja, that's me laughing in spanish

Dr Turninkoff said:
jajajaja, that's me laughing in spanish

i know this venuzuelan girl, instead of writing "hehe" she writes "jeje"...hehe

yes, a waste of space but still funny.

i would suggest pants but no underwear. that way, if you take them off, everybody will remember. otherwise, it's just another pants-off interview like 95% of the other prospective students

Off.

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Wasn't it Kramer who started taking off his pants every time he sat down so he wouldn't wrinkle them?

:laugh: :laugh: that's a great idea!!

I think what really matters is if you are going to spend the money to get some nice boxers or briefs to accessorize with your tie. If you have the purple silk jockey shorts that match your Polo tie to a T, then you are almost expected to show off your eye for detail and style. Future doctors really should pay attention to the fine points!
So, if nice undies that match tie, OFF
If not nice undies, (fruit of the looms w/ or w/out skids), yellow staining on undies, or clashing colors / patterns with tie, ON

The tricky one is the super hero undies. Who can resist them, I have yet to meet a girl who didn't love my superman or starwars undies, and I wear them when I go out for that fact. Do medical committees share the same love for cartoon undies?
Can we ever know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pinkertinkle said:
You think you're funny, but you're just adding more clutter to pre-allo.

No, he actually is funny. Cluttering up the pre-allo forum? I think asking whether to take your jacket off during a bloody interview clutters the pre-allo forum. Mocking these people, on the other hand, is just plain necessary. Oh, and to answer the OP's original questions, I'd say take off your pants toward the beginning of the interview. It'll show real confidence in yourself which is sure to impress anyone around. If you're really feeling ballsy, swing 'em over your head. Hell, got me a job, I'm sure that it can work wonders for you. Best of luck!

ajnak182 said:
No, he actually is funny. Cluttering up the pre-allo forum? I think asking whether to take your jacket off during a bloody interview clutters the pre-allo forum. Mocking these people, on the other hand, is just plain necessary. Oh, and to answer the OP's original questions, I'd say take off your pants toward the beginning of the interview. It'll show real confidence in yourself which is sure to impress anyone around. If you're really feeling ballsy, swing 'em over your head. Hell, got me a job, I'm sure that it can work wonders for you. Best of luck!
:laugh: was this a job at a strip club?

My advice on "how to really stand out in an interview" is to wear pants, but no underwear. Make sure your pants are really big in the waist (no belt) then when you sit down to interview you can show some serious plumber's crack!

For a good chance at acceptance, I think women should pull a "Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct" look. Extra points for a Brazilian.

I don't know what us guys can do. Any thoughts?

LOL :D I think it is definitely a great idea to go ahead and take your pants off. What better way to distinguish yourself....Additionally, this gives you an opportunity to show some personality by choosing your select boxer! Who knows this can even be an icebreaker (and perhaps much more ;) ...ummm...if your interviewer is a female) and a great topic starter. If you are one of the blessed ones I am sure you will make a great impression on the interviewer (who hopefully shall be a female) and if not you can always stuff a cucumber in there! :D

Off, but only if you're wearing sock garters. If your socks are falling down, it's an automatic rejection.

captbadass said:
HELP! Interviews are in a few months and I cant decide if I should wear pants or not. This process is more stressful than I thought. But the big question is. . if i take off my pants for the interview, should i take off my pants and jacket? would this be appropriate for a med school interview?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Yes, I think you should take off your pants and jacket. Also respond to every question starting with "In accordance with the prophecy". Also, just randomly yell out TIMMY!!! or TIMMARRR!!! or any such variation. Coming in with clown shoes and a nice tie with dollar signs all over it will make you a memorable (and favourable) applicant. Best of luck.

Brickhouse said:
Depends. Are you hung?

Or more specifically, are you well hung? :laugh:

Extra points for piercings :laugh:

Disenchanted 1 said:
if not you can always stuff a cucumber in there! :D

Cucumbers are my favorite vegetable... so versatile :thumbup:

leechy said:
Cucumbers are my favorite vegetable... so versatile :thumbup:

Sexual frustration?!

I can handle that!