Paper LORs & PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markelmarcel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I chose to do a paper copy of my one letter of recommendation so that I could ensure that the PT would fill it out and send it in. (He was noctorious for ignoring his email and not doing something unless it was in front of his face). I got an email saying he sent it out in the mail on September 21.

It's now Oct 5 and the LOR has still not come through on PTCAS' system.

About how long is normal for processing time??

Members don't see this ad.

I actually had the same issue! I had one of my recomendations sealed with the PTs signature signed over the envelope seal and mailed it out about a month ago. I called PTCAS about a week ago to see what the deal was. Let me start off by saying, the women I spoke with was the rudest customer service rep (or whatever her title was) I have ever spoken to. She ignored me and I had to repeat my question to her THREE times and then to which she replied, "You speak way to fast, slow down." Needless to say, she told me that if my PTCAS app hadn't been updated showing they received my rec. letter within two weeks of sending it, I could consider it lost in the mail. So who knows how long it actually takes, my app is still not showing that it has been received which is a huge disapointment because the letter was written by a very renownd PT. I can't stand PTCAS and its rude employees.

I actually had the same issue! I had one of my recomendations sealed with the PTs signature signed over the envelope seal and mailed it out about a month ago. I called PTCAS about a week ago to see what the deal was. Let me start off by saying, the women I spoke with was the rudest customer service rep (or whatever her title was) I have ever spoken to. She ignored me and I had to repeat my question to her THREE times and then to which she replied, "You speak way to fast, slow down." Needless to say, she told me that if my PTCAS app hadn't been updated showing they received my rec. letter within two weeks of sending it, I could consider it lost in the mail. So who knows how long it actually takes, my app is still not showing that it has been received which is a huge disapointment because the letter was written by a very renownd PT. I can't stand PTCAS and its rude employees.

Greeeeat. This is my 2nd PT LOR, so I have to have it for most programs to finalize my application. This has been such a pain in the butt. I would've much rather filled out individual applications and asked for copies of recommendations to send to each school I was interested in instead of this mess!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just spoke to the only nice customer rep. He said that it takes 10-12 business days from the time you send a document to PTCAS fro it to be opened and put in the system as received. Don't worry till Friday :( Hope that helps.

Hey, thanks! I knew the other one had taken awhile, but I couldn't remember how long... I'll just cross my fingers that it is there by Friday so I don't have to worry about this junk anymore!

Thanks again!