paper publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your name is not listed on the final paper published but is mentioned in a grant application, would you use that info to apply to med school (ie. use a copy of the grant proposal? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say that it's not a publication, so...

But grant writing and the issues related to it is a very useful skill, so maybe mention in another EC that you've successfully written a grant.

dc

you're going to send a copy of a grant proposal to each school you apply to? i don't think that's a great idea. if you're not on the paper, then you probably did not contribute much anyway???

Members don't see this ad :)
You can mention that, but don't send a copy of the grant application (unless they ask for it, which is very unlikely). That also goes for if you have a publication - don't send a copy of it, just mention it and say what you did to contribute to it.

Yes, I was wondering whether it was appropriate to mention it at all, since I just did the benchwork over the summer and nothing worked out, but my name still came up on the grant proposal :D