Paper was presented at prestigious conferences but...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y

YeahThatsNotRight

Hello all,

I have been conducting research with my research mentor for a long time. Our research is not published but has been presented at multiple conferences. However, I was the presenter for only one of those conferences. My research mentor presented the research at the rest which include some very prestigious ones (a conference was in Beijing and another in big city of China). He is also planning on giving a talk about the research in Arizona and a couple other conferences. I was wondering if i can list this on AMCAS in my research experience section even though I was not the presenter at these conferences? My name is included in all the abstracts as co-author and has always been mentioned along with my mentor name. He is also more than happy to let me list all of these in my application but I'm just not sure if med school will look negatively on this or not since I was not the one who presented it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can list the conference you presented at in your medical school applications. Your mentor can list it at the conference he presented at in his medical school application, if he's applying to medical school.

Don't list the ones you didn't present at. I honestly don't think three presentations vs. one will make a significant difference in your application.

Reactions: 1 users
When a paper is presented, it is customary for the abstract to be published as well. You can always list the published abstracts for the work you co-authored but did not present.