Parallel World Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1661127419801.png

Is anyone watching Parallel World Pharmacy? So far I am enjoying the English Dub although I cannot say I totally relate to the protagonist.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn't it be nice if chemistry worked that way? That you could microscale manufacture all this stuff without access to refining or lots of petroleum or coal?

It's a power fantasy a clef, and it's a gender inverted ripoff of the other famous pharmacist manga, Snow White. It's entertaining though.

On a trivia note, if you're wondering who one of the greatest mangaka in the business in her time was before she started drawing, it was the same profession.

There's quite a number of ex-physicians and ex-pharmacists in the business, simply because if you think the profession is soul destroying in the US, we've got nothing on Japanese misery. It goes to show that pharmacy is one of the best occupations to start in to make enough money and have enough time on your hands to actually hustle to do something else if only because of the work environment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting that despite all of that, they still have (one of?) the highest life expectancies in the world.

Wouldn't it be nice if chemistry worked that way? That you could microscale manufacture all this stuff without access to refining or lots of petroleum or coal?

It's a power fantasy a clef, and it's a gender inverted ripoff of the other famous pharmacist manga, Snow White. It's entertaining though.

On a trivia note, if you're wondering who one of the greatest mangaka in the business in her time was before she started drawing, it was the same profession.

There's quite a number of ex-physicians and ex-pharmacists in the business, simply because if you think the profession is soul destroying in the US, we've got nothing on Japanese misery. It goes to show that pharmacy is one of the best occupations to start in to make enough money and have enough time on your hands to actually hustle to do something else if only because of the work environment.

Many years ago, 10-15, i agree. These days (and i mean for years), pharmacy has absolutely 0 ROI, especially given the opportunity cost, alternatives available, projections, debt, and the new grad salaries. I’m quite surprised to see this post actually. I wouldn’t call 75-80k (it would make no difference if that number were 100k, which it isn’t, due to inflation) for new grads after 6-10 years of schooling and 200k debt, in any shape or form, “one of the best occupations to start in to make enough money..”. On the contrary, it is the worst projected profession in existence and worst ranked in healthcare. There are many things you can do where you can save up 300-500k (even some 2 year degrees out of HS start at 80-85k), have little/no debt, etc. by the time a pharmacist even thinks about entering the workforce.

Last edited:
It's definitely a parallel world when a girl has a stick thin waist and boobs the size of her head.