Parent did not fill out CSS profile...Will I still be able to get federal financial aid (gradplus and whatnot)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neur-out-of-my-mind

Reaction score
School is wake forest. They say "As a reminder, if you wish to be considered for Wake Forest School of Medicine's need-based scholarships..." Surely this means I'll just only get loan support right?

Members don't see this ad.

My school did not use CSS for financial aid but you should reach out to the financial aid office for clarification. In my experience, my school asked the reason I could not complete parental data on FAFSA and the institutional aid applications. They told me I could be considered for federal loans without it, but it was required for institutional aid (needs-based loans with reduced interest and/or scholarships). Then, after a long and detailed appeals process where I had to obtain third party documentation on parental estrangement, I was allowed to be considered for institutional aid. The whole financial aid process is definitely overwhelming at times and I hope you're able to get an answer!