Part-Time Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animalrie

TAMU c/o 2020!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking at registering for fall classes and trying to plan out my last 2 semesters. Due to taking summer classes and having credits from high school, I'll be essentially done with my degree after fall semester, save for 1 class I need for my minor that's basically a thesis-writing course. So it looks like I'll be taking classes both semesters, but as I already have a minor and am not interested in starting another (and have taken my fair share of interesting electives), I won't necessarily be able to fill up that semester with other classes.

So my question is, would it be a bad idea to be a part-time student in the spring semester of my senior year (taking 1 or 2 classes)? If I did this, I would search for a job as a vet tech (I already know of one clinic that would be likely to train me) to fill my time/get experience. My other option is to take the class I need, along with some classes that might help in the future for vet school (i.e. Anatomy, Physiology) but it feels like a bit of a waste since I would be taking them again in vet school, albeit a more rigorous version.

Also, I'm applying for entrance in Fall 2016.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If it were me I'd just take what you need and save the money.

This assumes your GPA is already good to great and you have all the pre-reqs and you use the extra time for building experience.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with LIS, unless you need loans to cover tuition costs. Then you have to be full-time to qualify for loans. Otherwise, save the money and build up some experiences.

Reactions: 1 users