Pass/fail courses? Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drobgyn32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Would pass/failing English course taken as an elective be frowned upon?

Background: I am Canadian majoring in Life Science (in my third year), considering applying to Canadian and American MD schools next cycle. My university is allowing me to take one course, not required for my program, and use it as pass/fail on my transcript. I was planning to do this for english.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would pass/failing English course taken as an elective be frowned upon?

Background: I am Canadian majoring in Life Science (in my third year), considering applying to Canadian and American MD schools next cycle. My university is allowing me to take one course, not required for my program, and use it as pass/fail on my transcript. I was planning to do this for english.

Thanks!
Do you already have one year of brick-and-mortar English class credit, including a writing-intensive course, that would go toward the typical prerequisites? If so, then for US schools, you'd be OK.

Do you already have one year of brick-and-mortar English class credit, including a writing-intensive course, that would go toward the typical prerequisites? If so, then for US schools, you'd be OK.
Hi! No I have no previous English courses. I'm taking this English course just to satisfy the requirement for US schools, and was aiming to take it as a pass/fail. Do US schools frown upon this?