Passed my nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sjg723

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am happy to say that I passed part 1. Good luck to all of you whoever is preparing for the exam.
Don't worry its not that difficult.if you study right.
Need material contact me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Decks 2012-13,
First aid
Board busters
Ada papers AtoM.

Yes I have got questions from previous papers, those I couldn't find out in any other material.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
got my result today n i passed!!!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::.. thanks for all the help guys... esp dentalstud n roxy.. thanks for ur input n help..

Decks 2012-13,
First aid
Board busters
Ada papers AtoM.

Yes I have got questions from previous papers, those I couldn't find out in any other material.

Congratulations Sjg723
Please,Which is better First aid or board busters?

Congratulations
From Where did you Study?
Wish u all the best

hey!! thanks!!
my study materials- dental decks 2009-10, kaplan review notes ( studied once ) , first aid review books( just for anatomy ), ASDA Papers j- n..

I had my nbde 1 today got 8 testlet , 4 questions I don't even have a clue, like 15 repeat Asda paper,4 patient management and the rest pretty much dental desk a 2012-2013 and first Aid 40 %relative easy and the rest challenge. now fingers cross and wait. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my results I pass .im happy but plz need help for part 2 I have no idea . so far I have desk and busters I'll taking advice plz

I took my test on June 6th and I just for my result. PASS. I studied from Dental Deks 09-10 and Kaplan only for DA. I did ASDA papers A-N. Did not touch First Aid. I had about 15-20 repeats. Honestly, test was very difficult than I thought. I got about 70-75% on ASDA papers. Actual test was very difficult. I want to point out one thing. Difficulty of the test varies from test to test. Some may get easy test and some may get medium difficulty test and some may get more difficult test. I strongly believe I got the more difficult test. I was 99% sure I ruined and I would fail without doubt. Incredibly, I PASSED. Its a miracle I believe.

I have this advice for you guys out there. If you know your basics, you will get the scroe required to pass. Period. Doesnt matter if the test is hard or easy. If it is hard you will be required to get only about 45-55% and if you get easy one you will need to get 60-69% and you will get becuase it is easy. All these are my predictions only and may not be correct but I did my research. Results will take anywhere between 10-21 days from my experience on SDN.

I had very difficult testlets. I was not sure of the answer for most of the questions. Non-testlet questions were certainly not easy for me and not straight forward. They were very new and unfamiliar. Doesnt mean they were not from decks.

I wish all of you writing the test soon good luck!!

One more thing, several of us just read the content of the forums bu never contribute. I encourage all of us (including myself, this is my first post) post their experiences.

I hope my experience helped.

hello ppl sorry for getting back late to you guys .....i took my nbde part1 on 3 rd of june 2013
EXAM :
first of all there is no reason to get stressed about the exam ,The qs were not alien similar to what you have read from your dental decks ,released paper.Do your released papers well they do help .I m no to sure if i had any repeat qs but released papers definately helps .On the day of exam make sure each one of you have 2 photo ids cause they are very strict about it .7 hours are kind of long but its manageable .I would recommend taking a break cause it gives your mind a break .One very important thing is do your testlets well specially the ethics part ...
RESULTS
i got my results in 10 days by mail ..it comes earlier than 3 to 4 weeks ....so be prepared in case u intend to apply immediately after exam .Specially sop and questionnaire takes a lot of time .anyways wishing each one of you all all de best ...any queries regarding the exam or material .pls mail me on [email protected]

If i take the exam next summer, do you think i'm ok with the 2012-13 dental decks..or should I purchase de 2013-2014 Decks?

Hello everyone,

I am happy to say that I passed part 1. Good luck to all of you whoever is preparing for the exam.

Thank you.
Hi greedy :)' congratulations ..I know it's late to ask but would u be able to help the materials? Please...

Hi praveen,
I just stumbled upon this thread and saw your post . Appreciate how everyone is discussing on nbde . Certainly helps me a lot as I'm a dentist from India too and have been wanting to appear for the nbde . I realize I've wasted a lot of time with friends and family in the US and have neglected my studies . I have dent essentials, first aid , mosby's and dental decks and a few of the Asda sets , which I think would be sufficient . Could you please tell me how much preparation time it generally takes for part 1 ? Also , does one need to take up the CE programs to earn extra points for admission or just clearing the part 1 and 2 is enough for admission ?

Eager for a reply ,
Pearlette .

Last edited:
hello ppl sorry for getting back late to you guys .....i took my nbde part1 on 3 rd of june 2013
EXAM :
first of all there is no reason to get stressed about the exam ,The qs were not alien similar to what you have read from your dental decks ,released paper.Do your released papers well they do help .I m no to sure if i had any repeat qs but released papers definately helps .On the day of exam make sure each one of you have 2 photo ids cause they are very strict about it .7 hours are kind of long but its manageable .I would recommend taking a break cause it gives your mind a break .One very important thing is do your testlets well specially the ethics part ...
RESULTS
i got my results in 10 days by mail ..it comes earlier than 3 to 4 weeks ....so be prepared in case u intend to apply immediately after exam .Specially sop and questionnaire takes a lot of time .anyways wishing each one of you all all de best ...any queries regarding the exam or material .pls mail me on [email protected]
I need the material. Plz send me . [email protected]. my email. Thnx

EXAM :
RESULTS
Hello I have started preparing for my nbde now. Finding it difficult .how many months u took to study

Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Can u tel me what formulas we need to know reg. mathematical questions which are asked in the exam..including those in biochem and physio

Passed NBDE I. Selling my Dental decks, study notes/materials from my dental school/ and first aid books for NBDE part I. Message me if you're interested!

Hey...I'm in 1st year of bds. I'm keen to do my PG from USA
I want to know about NBDE. Does NBDe score matter Or if you are passed that matters. How college is alloted? Can anyone give me details

Hi everyone! I'm about to start studying to take the NBDE part 1. I want to study from released exams, first aid third edition and 2016-2015 dental decks. I've read that it is possible to study in a couple of weeks. I prefer doing that and put all my effort in a very intense 3 week long-hours study time. Has anyone done this? I really don't see myself studying for short hours for 4 months. I just think is better for me to sit for 12 hours a day but I'd like some advise on this. Im about to send my school transcripts from my university in Argentina to ECE. Does anybody know how long do they take to give me a general report? THANKS!