Passed Naplex after post-test depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mashedpotatas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to contribute my share after reading many threads that made me feel better after feeling HORRIBLE after the test.
I studied for approximately 3 weeks, ~4-5 hours a day mostly using RX Prep, skimmed through the book once and then just used the test banks. I was only getting 55-80% on the quiz banks and it was scary! Really wanted to redo the test banks but ran out of time so I really only redid calculations and biostats.
I took the pre-naplex a week prior to my test and scored really well which gave me a confidence boost and felt really good about it but felt the pre-naplex was actually a bit too easy. I finished the 100 questions in a little over an hour.
Fast forward to Naplex and I took the full 6 hours as I could not think or focus on the test, I redid all my math 3-5 times. I felt the questions were much harder on the naplex and even more confusing (maybe these were the trial questions). I felt I was only confident on ~20% of the test. It was not the same feeling after pre-naplex! Every question I looked up after the test I ended up getting it wrong. I was so upset and remorseful!
I ended up reading on here the rumors about the NABP site on early predictors you passed such as add score transfer after registration closed (since I am from a state that doesn't have online score posting, also not from Cali with their snail mail) so I was very happy to see I did have the add score transfer and just hoping that rumors were true.
I received my score and it was actually very similar to my pre-naplex and I was very relieved I will never have to take such a long test again!!! Final point is you will always do much better than you think! Just move on if you don't know something, you can't know everything and use your time wisely (unlike me)!
Thanks SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on passing your exam! What advice would you give someone who has their exam in 4 days? What should I focus on these last 4 days considering that I've always been an average student in school and I am every nervous for the naplex! Thanks!

Congrats on passing your exam! What advice would you give someone who has their exam in 4 days? What should I focus on these last 4 days considering that I've always been an average student in school and I am every nervous for the naplex! Thanks!
I just focus on getting fast at math, and then biostats and then both non sterile and sterile compounding! You will do better than you think! Good luck!

Congrats on passing OP,

I just completed the Naplex today and I am having that post-naplex depression, pretty much everything you described. I feel terrible. Contemplating life and my future if I fail this thing. I pray that I pass.

I scored in the 90s on the prenaplex, studied hardcore for about 2 months (rxprep), and yet I still feel like I didn't pass. Feel like I made "educated guesses" or narrowed things down to one to two answers, but very limit amount of questions I was definitive on.

It was a tough. We shall see what happens.