PAT Test Question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkhan27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone have difficulty visualizing this Crack DAT PAT Test question. Is there any advice for questions like this type. I have been doing well on all other kinds of cube counting, but this one had thrown me off.

Here is the answer:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow that picture is so bad. Yeah just stick with bootcamp for pat.

Reactions: 1 user
The Reason why that black cubes cannot be on the top row with the purple arrow cube is - because of the rule that says cubes have to be stacked from the ground level and up.

If those black cubes was truly on the top row -- that would mean that the cubes just below that would be on the second row. This is impossible, because there would be no cube below that 2nd row supporting it from the ground level -- they would be *hovering* while being attached to the 2nd row of the purple cube tower, which violates the DAT PAT rule.

This is why the black arrow cube MUST be part of the back row.

I hope this makes sense!

*EDITED / FIXED*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Reason why that black cubes cannot be on the top row with the purple arrow cube is - because of the rule that says cubes have to be stacked from the ground level and up.

If those black cubes was truly on the top row -- that would mean that the cubes just below that would be on the second row. This is impossible, because there would be no cube below that 2nd row supporting it from the ground level -- they would be *hovering* while being attached to the 2nd row of the purple cube tower, which violates the DAT PAT rule.

This is why the purple arrow cube MUST be part of the back row.

I hope this makes sense!

*EDITED / FIXED*

Ohhh that makes much better sense! Thank you @neoking77

truth is i saw NOTHING like this on my exam. Nothing even close to this. I wouldn't worry about it. Stick to bootcamp.

Reactions: 1 users