path/micro 74, total is 89, do I need to retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jahwk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i got my part 1 score 89, but the path/micro is only 74, is that enough to apply? do I need to retake? thax

Members don't see this ad.

with new pattern i dont think that u need to retake or anything

Members don't see this ad :)
good job!
IMO no retake w/ new pattern

i guess you are worried about the fact that some school websites still mention a minimum of 75 per section to qualify for applying for a seat, but that was for old pattern,with new pattern u are good to go.
all the best

wait..im lost..what is the NEW rule? i only got a total of 83 in my part 1 with a grade below of 75 in biochem :(..do i need to retake it?im planning to apply to UCSF and UOP..do i have a chance?huhuhu..pls help!:confused:
u can apply

purplebee if you want to apply and go to ucsf then I honestly dont think an 83 will get you anywhere. In fact I called UCSF last year and asked if they are ok with individual subject score being <75 (cuz their website says its not) and the lady said 'dont bother' because they still follow the rule that all the scores have to be above 75.
You can try calling her....that's just my .02 cents

Good luck!

i guess you are worried about the fact that some school websites still mention a minimum of 75 per section to qualify for applying for a seat, but that was for old pattern,with new pattern u are good to go.
all the best

Patata, are you sure of this? I called USC last year aswell regarding the min of 75 per section and was also told that they will not even consider my application.

Patata, are you sure of this? I called USC last year aswell regarding the min of 75 per section and was also told that they will not even consider my application.

i agree with patata. this is sure that in new pattern min 75 is not compulsary. i myself got acceptance this year at usc with pathimicro 74!!