Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a big change between the 2013 Pathoma book and the 2016 Pathoma book or are the editions pretty much the same? Are the Pathoma videos word for word what's in the book?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a big change between the 2013 Pathoma book and the 2016 Pathoma book or are the editions pretty much the same? Are the Pathoma videos word for word what's in the book?

Thanks!

Can't comment on the former. As far as the latter, the videos expand on the content in the book

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks!

There are errors in the 2014 book and a few updates that are corrected between 2014 and 2015. I expect 2016 will be further improved over 2013. If you purchased his online video access (as you should - it's essential to second year), then which book you have may not matter because you can fix any errors. However, if you purchased online access, you would be sent the new edition of the book. There is information and drawings that made it easier for me to learn certain topics that were in the videos only.

Improved enough between 2013 and 2016 to spend the money? That's up to you. You're already spending hundreds of thousands (most likely) on medical school. What's a couple hundred to make sure you have one of the most important MS2 resources? (SketchyMedical is my other essential). You're putting a lot of time and effort into passing STEP1. I recommend saving money somewhere else.