PhD/PsyD Patton State Internship Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tchibur

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at the Patton State Hospital for internship. I ranked them high, but did not match with them, but another site. In the mail today, I received a letter in the mail today with my "examination results." I am certain the examination was the assessment write up I completed on interview day. The letter also contains my score on the examination and my ranking within those who earned my same score.

Did anyone else who interviewed at Patton receive the same letter? Is Patton required to provide the feedback? I just found it rather strange, since none of my other sites provided such feedback. Overall, I was hoping someone had some insight.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at the Patton State Hospital for internship. I ranked them high, but did not match with them, but another site. In the mail today, I received a letter in the mail today with my "examination results." I am certain the examination was the assessment write up I completed on interview day. The letter also contains my score on the examination and my ranking within those who earned my same score.

Did anyone else who interviewed at Patton receive the same letter? Is Patton required to provide the feedback? I just found it rather strange, since none of my other sites provided such feedback. Overall, I was hoping someone had some insight.

Thanks!

Seems like that would be very time consuming

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks!

I received the same letter, as did another student in my program, but we were both rejected from Patton and did not even receive an interview. She asked a friend who is doing her post-doc at Patton and she said it's nothing, something they send to everyone who applies. It's because of the supplemental California application we were required to fill out. The results and rank are something to do with California jobs, not anything from Patton specifically.

I'm from California so may keep the letter in case I make my way back there and apply for any state jobs someday. The letter makes it seem like we are on some list for California state jobs so it may allow applications there to be smoother.

Take home, it's nothing and it's not interview feedback from Patton, it's based on the California forms all applicants filled out.

Reactions: 1 user