Paucity of prelim interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipodtouch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have 9 neuro interviews already scheduled, but not a single prelim interview offer. I was wondering if this should be alarming to me... A lot of my top choices are advanced programs.

I don't believe I have any red flags. Is there something I am missing?

I heard that people can reliably scramble in. Is this true, and something I can depend on?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you checked out the prelim interview thread in the Internship forum to see if the places you applied have started offering interviews yet?

And you should absolutely not count on SOAP to find a spot. Especially since, as a Neuro resident, you are required to do an IM prelim. Those are the hard ones to get in SOAP.

Have you checked out the prelim interview thread in the Internship forum to see if the places you applied have started offering interviews yet?

And you should absolutely not count on SOAP to find a spot. Especially since, as a Neuro resident, you are required to do an IM prelim. Those are the hard ones to get in SOAP.

Ah I see. I got the impression from this thread that it was easy

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...erviews-with-no-prelim-med-interviews.771511/

I have no prelim offers yet, and per the thread linked above, none of the programs I've applied to have offered interviews. Comparing the prelim/TY invites with the straight IM invites, I think schools focus on the categorical IM applicants first and then get to the prelim applications. This came up in a convo I had with my IM prelim PD - schools aren't super excited to jump on people who will only give them a year.

I've only got a single prelim invite as well, and only one program listed has started sending out invites. Hopefully more will come after today.